• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Cub 60

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

wjanulis

displayname
wade janulis
I will give it a try, my mechanic who worked on the Cub said the Carburetor that's on it isn't the "right size and won't let enough fuel get through, which is why it's running like it is". When I bought it someone had put a different Carburetor on it and it isn't the correct one supposedly... 🤷
The Old H tractor is my favorite one by far.
Brad and Edward, I don't know where you are located but there is a great deal in PA. 18 hours from SW Mo -so way to far for me but if I was closer, they would be in my shed!! I am attaching a screen shot- search Facebook groups for cub cadet bathtubs. Good luck!
Damn! Wish I was closer as well.

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
I will give it a try, my mechanic who worked on the Cub said the Carburetor that's on it isn't the "right size and won't let enough fuel get through, which is why it's running like it is". When I bought it someone had put a different Carburetor on it and it isn't the correct one supposedly... 🤷
The Old H tractor is my favorite one by far.
Damn! Wish I was closer as well.

See if you can get a picture of this replacement carb. It'll be pretty easy to tell whether or not it's a correct Tecumseh carb. Pretty sure they used the same factory carb on most of their engines, ive seen the same one installed on engines varying in power from 3hp all the way to 12...

wjanulis

displayname
wade janulis
See if you can get a picture of this replacement carb. It'll be pretty easy to tell whether or not it's a correct Tecumseh carb. Pretty sure they used the same factory carb on most of their engines, ive seen the same one installed on engines varying in power from 3hp all the way to 12...
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20211213_205557.jpg
    20211213_205557.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20211213_205621.jpg
    20211213_205621.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20211213_205638.jpg
    20211213_205638.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 61

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
That definitely helps. I would say that there is a cheap China knockoff replacement of a Tecumseh carburetor. The screw that is sticking out the side there is the idle mixture adjustment. I can't see it but I would assume that the main adjustment is still built into the bolt holding the bowl on. They can be rather touchy to get adjusted correctly, especially if you're dealing with a China knockoff. Sometimes those carbs are no good altogether. I would still try to fiddle with the adjustments to see if it will smooth out. Start it, throttle it up, and adjust the main screw first and see if it will run smoother, and then throttle it down and adjust the idle screw until it idles smooth.

wjanulis

displayname
wade janulis
That definitely helps. I would say that there is a cheap China knockoff replacement of a Tecumseh carburetor. The screw that is sticking out the side there is the idle mixture adjustment. I can't see it but I would assume that the main adjustment is still built into the bolt holding the bowl on. They can be rather touchy to get adjusted correctly, especially if you're dealing with a China knockoff. Sometimes those carbs are no good altogether. I would still try to fiddle with the adjustments to see if it will smooth out. Start it, throttle it up, and adjust the main screw first and see if it will run smoother, and then throttle it down and adjust the idle screw until it idles smooth.
I will try that and hope for some luck! Thanks for the advice and I will keep you posted!

Brad Kamm

Brad and Edward, I don't know where you are located but there is a great deal in PA. 18 hours from SW Mo -so way to far for me but if I was closer, they would be in my shed!! I am attaching a screen shot- search Facebook groups for cub cadet bathtubs. Good luck!
Damn that’s a good deal, too far from GB, WI

displayname
Patrick
Hi ! It´s true about the flimsy Camschaft for Reverse gear . I put me a v60 together from parts that I could get a hold of and not satisfied the way it is running.Before Carb adjustment make sure that carb fuelbowl and jet`s are clean. Main jet on bottom of Carb 1 3/4 turns out.Idle screw on the side 1 1/2out. Engine warmed up push Governor arm back for more RPM. while doing that slihtly screw in main jet from the bottom or for the best RPM or out. In Idle the side screw slightly in or out for proper Idle. Probably better when Mowerblade is engaged since that´s when you need it to run best ! Good Luck !

wjanulis

displayname
wade janulis
Hi ! It´s true about the flimsy Camschaft for Reverse gear . I put me a v60 together from parts that I could get a hold of and not satisfied the way it is running.Before Carb adjustment make sure that carb fuelbowl and jet`s are clean. Main jet on bottom of Carb 1 3/4 turns out.Idle screw on the side 1 1/2out. Engine warmed up push Governor arm back for more RPM. while doing that slihtly screw in main jet from the bottom or for the best RPM or out. In Idle the side screw slightly in or out for proper Idle. Probably better when Mowerblade is engaged since that´s when you need it to run best ! Good Luck !
Thanks!! I got some adjustments to do for sure, hopefully it will fix it.

Latest posts