• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 383 hydro carb trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
In need of a bit of help here.
The 383 hydro I have is in need of a ner carb and there is no HP size sticker on the motor that is readable.
The numbers I have off the motor tin is as follows
252707 0655-02 83011111

I have tried the Briggs home page found useing Google and have no luck finding the HP size of even a carb useing the numbers off the motor.

Lonny, @ CCparts lookup it states 11hp BS # 253707-0326 & Carb is BS 491026 for $222.79 + tax & shipping.

25 = cubic inch displcement
2 = Basic design series
7 = vertical shaft/Flo-Jet Carb, pneumatic
or mechanical governor
0 = Plain bearing/DU, non flange mount
7 = Electric starter 12v gear drive w/alt

0655-02 = B&S Type code for id of engine mechanical parts, color of paint, decals, governed speed and OEM.

83011111:
83 = year of manufacture
01 = month
11 = day
1 = assembly line
1 = plant

The "books" says it has an 11 hp engine and a one-piece Flo-Jet Carb (probably the large one).

A B&S shop should be able to get your the right one with the data you have.

Myron B

Mayron & Paul

Thanks, now when I call my local parts house I will be better armed with proper info to aid the parts person in finding me a carb.

Allthough $222.79 sounds a bit much to be thinking of sticking into a 28 year old motor with known chargeing problems.

May have to rethink and look for a different motor.

Back