• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 2182 with Kubota D600 injectors and rough idle.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Miller

Hello, For years I have been modifying and improving my 2182 Cub. Due to writers cramp I won't get into all the details and mods of which I've done to this little dedicated front loader tractor but I did convert the WG600 platform several years ago to a Kubota D600 swap. Its great and the added torque of the little diesel is impressive and needed with this setup..The problem is I don't have a lot of experience with diesels but have rebuilt many High performance motors as I grew up, mainly big block mopars and chevy engines and a few small gas..My Kubota D600 idles rough and shakes the hell out of the tractor till I get at about 1500RPM (installed a tach) then its good. Lots of power, little to nothing smoke and no leaks or bad noises and hardly any blow by and the oil stays remarkably clean for a diesel ...It is probably out of a god knows only what but its a great motor and has been running like this for about 9 years (400hrs) since the swap..I have not taken anything apart (nothing major)..Everything is leading to the injectors being the culprit from what I'm researching and getting input from..I was going to have them rebuilt or maybe clean them but the cost for new isn't bad so...The injector part number I am getting is confusing as some are listing a 1G111-53000 and 15842-53000 for the D600 Kubota I'm getting mixed opinions on not to use a 1G111 (which is available everywhere) and to use the 15841 (which is not)...Whats the diff?..When I speak to merchants they say the part # are different because they are different...Also if anyone can help me out with another possible cause for this "rough idle" I'd appreciate the advise...I have a pretty well equipped home machine shop and have been learning more about the Diesel engine but I'm still green here...Please help...Thanks...

Hello, For years I have been modifying and improving my 2182 Cub. Due to writers cramp I won't get into all the details and mods of which I've done to this little dedicated front loader tractor but I did convert the WG600 platform several years ago to a Kubota D600 swap. Its great and the added torque of the little diesel is impressive and needed with this setup..The problem is I don't have a lot of experience with diesels but have rebuilt many High performance motors as I grew up, mainly big block mopars and chevy engines and a few small gas..My Kubota D600 idles rough and shakes the hell out of the tractor till I get at about 1500RPM (installed a tach) then its good. Lots of power, little to nothing smoke and no leaks or bad noises and hardly any blow by and the oil stays remarkably clean for a diesel ...It is probably out of a god knows only what but its a great motor and has been running like this for about 9 years (400hrs) since the swap..I have not taken anything apart (nothing major)..Everything is leading to the injectors being the culprit from what I'm researching and getting input from..I was going to have them rebuilt or maybe clean them but the cost for new isn't bad so...The injector part number I am getting is confusing as some are listing a 1G111-53000 and 15842-53000 for the D600 Kubota I'm getting mixed opinions on not to use a 1G111 (which is available everywhere) and to use the 15841 (which is not)...Whats the diff?..When I speak to merchants they say the part # are different because they are different...Also if anyone can help me out with another possible cause for this "rough idle" I'd appreciate the advise...I have a pretty well equipped home machine shop and have been learning more about the Diesel engine but I'm still green here...Please help...Thanks...
Runs the valves and you'll be amazed!
http://cubfaq.com/d600valves.html

Sorry I can’t help with the rough idle but I just got a 2182 and looking for a front loader. Any info on the one you have would really be appreciated.
I got mine from a farmer who had a kwikway for a "yard machine" believe it or not..I had to build the frame to attach it to the under carriage of the 2182 and mount for the pump which I used a universal and home fabbed shaft I made on my lathe directly to the flywheel...It worked out great and it was the best thing I ever built using it just about every day still today..The 2182 has undergone a endless amount of upgrades over the decade..I contacted Kwikway years ago to upgrade the pump for their loader which I had the part numbers on mine still to get the flow rate..They stopped making those loaders for some unknown reason which is sad as how many owners of garden tractors would love to have one...You will have to make your own or try to retrofit one from maybe a sub compact...Fair warning if and when you do get a hold of one of these you'll have to beef the trans mounts and a lot of other aspects of this Cub as I did.I do have some plans from a site which has part numbers for many loaders and their design of which is possible to purchase..You could order the thing whole I guess or just use the drawings to make your own... Ill dig em up and post for you soon...

Per the supplied FAQ instructions, I adjusted the valves on my D600. None were within the spec of roughly .006". A couple were too tight, and the rest too loose. The engine responded well, but it is still a bit choppy at slow idle. Since I do not have another Kubota Diesel to compare it to, I can't tell if it is considered "normal". I'd probably say yes, since it has an odd number of cylinders.

782dvalves.jpg

Per the supplied FAQ instructions, I adjusted the valves on my D600. None were within the spec of roughly .006". A couple were too tight, and the rest too loose. The engine responded well, but it is still a bit choppy at slow idle. Since I do not have another Kubota Diesel to compare it to, I can't tell if it is considered "normal". I'd probably say yes, since it has an odd number of cylinders.

View attachment 154113
Those being out should definitely make a difference..Most I hear is the 3 cylinder Kubotas inherently are going to idle this way regardless..Its just a little annoying when everything shakes on a 2182 cyclops which used to run smooth with the WG600 until I pulled it..The prob I find is trying to get a replacement valve cover o ring for the D600 after them sometimes getting destroyed when removing the cover after long periods of time..I just put a turbo on the little Diesel (about 4lbs of boost but what the hell) and going through my endless accumulated bin cabinet used a gasket for a mercruiser intermediate plate which was thick enough and cut it to size..Worked out good as the one for the Wg600 won't work as its not the correct thickness and sits in the recess of the cover too deep to seal...Ive built quit a few motors as a kid growing up anywhere from big block muscle cars to boats and should have known valve adjustment is normal maintenance..I still have the set of big block valve covers when I was 18yo which I cut the opening in the top so I could adjust them as the engine was running..Never worked on a diesel till now and I love them..I did know the valves would play a roll in the idle and should have gone there initially, but didn't want to go there yet as the stock injectors where never touched and everyone points to them..So far my Chinese injectors make the engine idle smoother but I get more smoke and a slightly noticeable delayed throttle response probably getting more fuel than I should..When I get the parts here to rebuild the stock injectors and sell the chino's I'll do the valves as it is normal maintenance anyway...I keep wanting to provide pics but now my SD card puked out on my little Sony and I cannot upload pics from my phone for some odd reason...Thanks for your input, I'll pull out the manual for the D600..

Back