• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 1862 plow or snow blower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Dove

I've got a Cub 1862 i'd like to get a plow or snow blower for. I've seen lots of both for sale, but i don't know if they'll attach to my tractor. Does anyone know how to determine if they'll fit? or how to figure out what model plow or blower i need? TIA!

Any wide frame compatible implement will work with your tractor. The blower of course is a lot more effort to make work.

Depends on how much snow you usually get at one time. How much room you have to push it out of the way. Personally, I do not push any snow. I throw it all out of the way and done with it. Pushing takes a lot longer, if there are drifts especially.

Regarding snowblowers: Tractors under serial number 821060 used the 4.6" dia PTO pulley. The ones newer than that used the 6". This will change the speed of the auger due to the gearbox ratio. You will need blower 190-364-100 or 190-450-100. The 190-451-100 and 190-551-100 blowers will not work well due to the very slow auger speed unless the PTO is changed.

I have a IH plow on my 1711, and it worked well this past winter. It likes 12" or less, but I was pushing 20" plus with it with little strain.

Attachments

• cubplow2.jpg
    cubplow2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 108
West Virginia... I bet the blade, Rear chains and about 80lbs of weight on the rear will make you very happy. My 782 has the same plow setup you would have for you cub. It was my go to snow remover on Long Island, NY. Now that I'm 3 hours north of that, I jump on the cub early in the snow season but later, sometimes plows on pickup trucks can't handle it. I think west Virginia's wet snow would be better suited for a plow over the blower.
tractors with plows.jpg

Last edited:
the dozer blade on my 100 makes short work of the <10” snows we typically get in the KC metro, but i’m in the market for a second set of wheel weights and plan to replace my 4-link chains with a set of 2-linkers. traction is my biggest issue.

and the rubber wear strip i put on the blade a few years ago must be the next-best improvement to a hydraulic lift. like a squeegee on the pavement, effective yet gentle (and quiet).

Any wide frame compatible implement will work with your tractor. The blower of course is a lot more effort to make work.
Could I ask some of the negative about the blower? I have one for my 169 and want to try it this winter just to see how it works. Now my comment on plow. I have a old manual transmission ATV. It has a heavy blade and I am surprised what it can do in 3 feet of snow. And when it comes to wet heavy snow the blower is useless. My neighbor has a Huge Ariens and I had to cut a path for him to start blowing his driveway. Now we talking upstate NY type snow, over 2 feet is normal.

The blower throws snow so its easier to move it . The plow has to push the weight of the snow so what ever works for your location. i usually in deep snow can only push about half of the blade width so its alot of trips but For 40 years i used a plow. Now if the conditions are good i use the blower.

Could I ask some of the negative about the blower? I have one for my 169 and want to try it this winter just to see how it works. Now my comment on plow. I have a old manual transmission ATV. It has a heavy blade and I am surprised what it can do in 3 feet of snow. And when it comes to wet heavy snow the blower is useless. My neighbor has a Huge Ariens and I had to cut a path for him to start blowing his driveway. Now we talking upstate NY type snow, over 2 feet is normal.
Blowing snow against the wind is not fun. I bought a used sim cab and adapted it to my 149. Front turf tires are worthless for steering (same as a plow). I made chains for the front tires. Chains seem to destroy front wheel bearings quickly, converted front spindles to Timken bearings. Snow throwers obviously have more maintenance. Something I don't think anyone has mentioned is you can use the blower for pushing light snow and when you get enough blow it out of your way. I have both a snow thrower and a plow, I don't bother using the plow for snow any more, I keep it for emergency use only as a backup for my snow thrower in case it breaks down. Wet heavy snow is a pain no matter what you use, rubber paddles added to my snow thrower auger is a great modification no matter the snow conditions.

Mike,
Every single day one isn’t using a blower, it takes up space. Storing it is the #1 reason I don’t have one.
My pa-in-law got rid of his for this same reason. He switched to a walk-behind blower which was easier to store.
Best wishes!
-C3

Back