• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 1862 plow or snow blower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could I ask some of the negative about the blower? I have one for my 169 and want to try it this winter just to see how it works. Now my comment on plow. I have a old manual transmission ATV. It has a heavy blade and I am surprised what it can do in 3 feet of snow. And when it comes to wet heavy snow the blower is useless. My neighbor has a Huge Ariens and I had to cut a path for him to start blowing his driveway. Now we talking upstate NY type snow, over 2 feet is normal.
We get heavy wet snows coming up from the south down here, a pain when they clog the chute on a blower. I try to hit it first thing in the morning when it’s coldest and keep spraying Pam inside the chute — helps get through it. Like it’s been said about plows, takes alot ot traction. Quit using plows awhile back, I have a 500 ft lane partly on a hill so blower is the only way to go for me.

For me, I have both but was disappointed with the plow as it rode on top of the snow packed down on my paved driveway... Just too light to dig in and get up the packed snow. Now if I were to get out early and plow before I had to leave for work it'd probably work great... But then again, what to do when it snows before you get home? 🤔

Another thing is my driveway runs right alongside my property line between the neighbor and I. And on the other side is a bank upwards to my yard, so I don't really have any place to push the snow.

Once I got a good blower it was awesome and I haven't looked back. As someone on here said, "with a blower the snow just seems to disappear". 🤣

As far as storage, I just unhook it on a skid sitting beside my garage. The skid is just about the perfect height to hook and unhook it. Yes, I'd prefer it under roof but that's a project for another day...

Mike,
Every single day one isn’t using a blower, it takes up space. Storing it is the #1 reason I don’t have one.
My pa-in-law got rid of his for this same reason. He switched to a walk-behind blower which was easier to store.
Best wishes!
-C3
It took me a while to figure out how a comparable walk behind snowblower can take up less space and be easier to store than a snowblower attachment. Then the answer came to me.... The tractor/snowblower attachment are dedicated to blowing snow only. The snow blower is not replaced by a mower deck for the Summer.

Back