• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Cub 1862 plow or snow blower

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Steve Dove

I've got a Cub 1862 i'd like to get a plow or snow blower for. I've seen lots of both for sale, but i don't know if they'll attach to my tractor. Does anyone know how to determine if they'll fit? or how to figure out what model plow or blower i need? TIA!

1811Cub

Any wide frame compatible implement will work with your tractor. The blower of course is a lot more effort to make work.

rjruchti

displayname
Roger J. Ruchti
Depends on how much snow you usually get at one time. How much room you have to push it out of the way. Personally, I do not push any snow. I throw it all out of the way and done with it. Pushing takes a lot longer, if there are drifts especially.

1811Cub

Regarding snowblowers: Tractors under serial number 821060 used the 4.6" dia PTO pulley. The ones newer than that used the 6". This will change the speed of the auger due to the gearbox ratio. You will need blower 190-364-100 or 190-450-100. The 190-451-100 and 190-551-100 blowers will not work well due to the very slow auger speed unless the PTO is changed.

1811Cub

I have a IH plow on my 1711, and it worked well this past winter. It likes 12" or less, but I was pushing 20" plus with it with little strain.

Attachments

• cubplow2.jpg
    cubplow2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 97

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
West Virginia... I bet the blade, Rear chains and about 80lbs of weight on the rear will make you very happy. My 782 has the same plow setup you would have for you cub. It was my go to snow remover on Long Island, NY. Now that I'm 3 hours north of that, I jump on the cub early in the snow season but later, sometimes plows on pickup trucks can't handle it. I think west Virginia's wet snow would be better suited for a plow over the blower.
tractors with plows.jpg

Last edited: