• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 1862 died

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Dove

Hello. I've got a '99ish 1862 Cub. I unsuccessfully tried to jumpstart my truck battery with it. Now, it's dead. I charged the battery, no luck. I put a new battery in, still no luck. I turn the key and I hear nothing. Anyone have any ideas to try or suggestions. Any info. will help. Thanks in advance.

Generally in a situation like this, I first try to jump across the starter solenoids to take them out of contention.

Then I start at the battery with a simple multi-meter/continuity tester to find the culprit working back towards the solenoid.

Back