• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 1782 Question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like there is one in Greencastle, PA. It appears to have been repainted with questionable attention to detail. It also has the mule but they do not list the mower deck. I am assuming finding one of those would be challenging at best and extremely frustrating at worst.

It also looks funny as the back tires are much narrower than the flares. I am guessing it has the wrong wheels or tires on the rear.

Last edited:
I saw that rattle can restoration - paint sells! the tires look small should be 26x12x12 as well as having the wrong offset - the inside of the tire should almost align with the inside of the tail light with proper offset. the plastics oxidize in the sun. the seller painted the tunnel, grill and the flares. the plastics are new I am guessing, albeit not the right set for a 1782/2182 of any generation. the muffler is modified as well as turned 90 degrees, mismatched fronts, the wiring is a bit questionable - battery negative cable, an added toggle switch on the dash, and the photographer has pink toenails.

I am going to go look at one or both of the 1782's in the next week. Is there anything in particular I should look for? Anything that would cause a definite do not buy vs a try to talk the price down because it can be fixed but will be expensive?

Not sue if anyone mentioned the rear end bolts. There are 4 bolts that secure the rear end to the frame. Take a 9/16" wrench with you and make sure they are tight. These will loosen up and then wallow out the threaded holes. Pain in the rear to fix.

Back