• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Cub 149nCarb question

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

displayname
Kevin Hendress
I had to replace the carb on my 149 and not sure who I purchased one from but it looks like the carb should go on a 1250/1650. So my question is can I switch the lever in this carb or do I have to buy another? Getting tired of choke being all the way in just to start engine. Of course choke is all the way out to run {:.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
displayname
Digger
I had to replace the carb on my 149 and not sure who I purchased one from but it looks like the carb should go on a 1250/1650. So my question is can I switch the lever in this carb or do I have to buy another? Getting tired of choke being all the way in just to start engine. Of course choke is all the way out to run {:.
You can switch any choke lever to any carb with no problem, other than breaking off those nasty little brass screws doing it. :roflol:

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
File the ends of the brass screws flush with the choke rod before unscrewing them and they will come out without twisting off.

mgerecke

displayname
Mark Gerecke
Where do we find those small choke screws? Have a couple carbs that need them. Maybe Charlie has some!!

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
I don‘t know where to get them, but I know where I would put them if I had some...

BE50A551-1C8F-48D6-86F3-BDD6062D3E27.jpeg