• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 125 electrical issues

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Turner

IHCC Supporter
displayname
afuso
I recently acquired a Cub Cadet 125 with electrical issues. When I connected a battery the starter, generator began turning the engine over with the key in the off position. Any ideas as to where I should start looking? Could it be a bad part, miss connected wire or both?

Get a wiring diagram of the 125. Then check for proper wiring and clean all connections so you will have good continuity. Also ohm out all switches to make sure they work. :bluethumbsup:

I had a wire wrong on the voltage regulator and it did that,the regulator was fine. I'm not home to look but I think it was the single wire on the left side,it needed to be on the backside
Thank you. I will check that out. That wire had been spliced; they may have done a poor job.

Paul,

I see you have 21 messages. Have you learned where the sticky threads are? press the Forums tab, then scroll down to IH Cub Cadet Tractor forum. The first six threads stay in their positions. This is because they have a wealth of information, including wiring diagrams (fancy colored ones from Roland).

Here is the 125:

44080036-834D-4D03-8928-A93E7D2325DC.jpeg

Paul,

I see you have 21 messages. Have you learned where the sticky threads are? press the Forums tab, then scroll down to IH Cub Cadet Tractor forum. The first six threads stay in their positions. This is because they have a wealth of information, including wiring diagrams (fancy colored ones from Roland).

Here is the 125:

View attachment 149200
Thank you and everyone else for all the help. I should be able to take it from here.

Back