• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 100 rear end

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Sick

Hi All
New to the forum
I have a Cub 100 that we use basically as a golf cart to get around antique motorcycle meets. {waaaay cooler than a stupid cart!} Anyway... I have a few broken teeth in the trans that I have been babying along for a few years... Last fall things were getting iffy, so its time for a repair.
Here is the plan.
the 100 has a creeper gear as well
I bought a 108 for 25 bucks with a blown motor... I was going to swap rear ends to save rebuild time... and $$$ but noticed external disc brakes on the 108.
Can the discs be easily removed? Can I install the original internal pads in the 108 rear? I can certainly change the reduction housing....
I have ordered an overdrive set to speed the cub up as well...
The clutch will be rebuilt as well with new drive shaft... I have a few other chassis laying around as well with internal brakes... am I better off using one of those?
Please advise

creeper with overdrive will be a unique range of MPH and torque curve.
assuming you keep the creeper gear mechanism intact. (???)

speedway motors might still offer the 3-pt-mounted parachute if having enough runway is ever an issue. 😉
🚜💨

My opinion, others may vary, but this one is mine.
I would put the gears from the 108 in the 100 tranny and be done with it. :bluethumbsup:

By the way, welcome to the forum Bill!

My opinion, others may vary, but this one is mine.
I would put the gears from the 108 in the 100 tranny and be done with it. :bluethumbsup:

By the way, welcome to the forum Bill!
This, and also the axle tubes. The 108 has needle bearings, which is an improvement over the bronze bushings used in the 100.

Well Shoot... I was kinda hoping for a painless swap... Looks like I have to get my hands dirty....

I have a 100 I want to put a creeper in. I have all the parts to one, but the housing teeth where the planetary gears ride are chipped. Need good housing.
Thanks Gerry

Back