• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 100 carb question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should have a Kohler # on the carb, unless you are missing the carb...
Otherwise Its original # is E-235058 superceded to 47 053 12, 47 853 21-S.

Last edited:
Where did you come up with that number Lew?
These all came out of my Cub Cadet parts book as stated.
And can also be found on the on-line parts look up.
The ones that end with an s are carter #'s

I have a 1970 Kohler K241 parts manual. Covers all special numbers at that tlme.

You probably can't buy one new from Kohler anymore, and if you could, it'd be a non-adjustable POS. Your options are:

1. Good used OEM carb + rebuild kit
2. Good aftermarket carb (CC Specialties, Isavetractors, etc)
3. Cheap Amazon/ePay knockoff from Chairman Mao's carburetor emporium that may or may not work and is almost certainly not compatible with any rebuild kit

Option 1 would be my preference.

Do any of you have the Kohler k241 oem carburetor part number for the Cub 100? Thanks.
There's actually 2 carbs it could be,
1613617650292.png

1613617678869.png

I sell the later version,
1613617714563.png

Jonn, that is about the same carb as above and on my 107. Again, still would have to mount that throttle ball joint to the throttle arm.

The ball is essentially press fitted and then mushroomed slightly onto the throttle arm, so to remove it from my old carb I simply used a file to remove just enough material so that I could use a hammer and punch to drive it out. I then cleaned it up with the file and tapped it into the hole on the throttle arm of the new carb.

Because I left a decent amount of original material on it, it stayed put. But just to be safe, I took my soldering iron and soldered the bottom of it to the underside of the throttle arm. Just a bit of insurance, worked well and because it's underneath, you can't see the solder!

That's why you'd have to take that ball off the old carb and attach it to the new one.

I would think all the carbs have a standard SAE thread size, but even if they don't, the aftermarket carbs all seem to come with a 90 degree fitting that fits the threads.

That's why you'd have to take that ball off the old carb and attach it to the new one.

I would think all the carbs have a standard SAE thread size, but even if they don't, the aftermarket carbs all seem to come with a 90 degree fitting that fits the threads.

I’ve read some of them are not sae threads.

Well I took the carb off this evening and the carter part number was none of the part numbers listed in previous posts. It is shot.

Attachments

• D89ABD10-1060-4B3D-A6EA-0F59C4111512.jpeg
    D89ABD10-1060-4B3D-A6EA-0F59C4111512.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 131
Back