Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Cub 100 carb question

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
it's only got 3 moving parts.. most easily fixed.. what makes you think it's "shot"? It's your money - spend it as you see fit. But don't toss out that old carb. it's pretty easy to restore and it seems like someone on here is always searching for it.

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
If the "shot-ness" about the carb is a bunch of play in the throttle shaft, CC Specialties has the copper bushing you need to fix that. My 106 is gonna be getting one this spring. Not too hard to do, just gotta drill out the aluminum and press in the bushing with a bit of loctite on the outside of it and you're good to go.

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
It could just be some aluminum corrosion or some gunk from gas residue. Post a pic of this area, you might be able to clean it all off with a wire brush and still use the carb.

Mark Leaming

It was just corroded badly. I’ve never seen a carb this bad. I’ve spent several hours cleaning on it. A local dealer had a rebuild kit for it. I’m surprised the thing ran at all.

Latest posts