• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 100 break in.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

I just serviced both of these. The Cub runs even better since I put the proper coil on it. Look how far technology has came. I just purchased this Scag Tiger Cat 2 last fall. It has 14 hours on it.

Attachments

• 2E6B2F46-6001-45C3-BB9B-09C8703D8BF4.jpeg
    2E6B2F46-6001-45C3-BB9B-09C8703D8BF4.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 133
Mark,
I like them both!
Love my commercial SCAG mower, it mows way faster than a traditional mower. Decided to spend a little money on it (since it is 16 years old) by replacing the hyd. fluid and filter, Oil and filter, gas filter and air filter. The hyd. fluid & filter have never been changed along with the fuel filter.
I have to chuckle at the owner's manual, it says to change the engine oil every 200 hours or 30 days, whichever comes first. It is 16 years old, and only has a little over 200 hours on it now!

You guys with your new SCAG mowers, Thanks for buying them. My SON started working for them a bit over a year ago as a QUALITY ENGINEER. They make a good mower!
I bought my Cub Cadet LX54 TANK in 2016, it just turned over 200 hours the other day, I started it and let it run for 5 minutes. Took me 4 hours to mow with my 982 & 50C mower, first time mowing with the TANK was 2-1/2 hours. AND uses less gas, 3 to 3-1/2 gallon vs 4+ with the 982. And the TANK does a WAY better job of mowing than the 40 year old 50C deck ever did. I read guys complain about the NEW Cub Cadet equipment, has not been my experience at all. ALL I've done to the machine is 4 oil & filter changes, 1 a year, greased the mower deck 2-3 times a year, replaced the outer primary air filter 2 years ago, the 27 hp KAWASAKI has a 2 stage dry type air filter. I don't have this sense of IMPENDING DOOM every time I start the Kawasaki like I did every single time I started the ONAN in the 982.

You guys with your new SCAG mowers, Thanks for buying them. My SON started working for them a bit over a year ago as a QUALITY ENGINEER. They make a good mower!
I bought my Cub Cadet LX54 TANK in 2016, it just turned over 200 hours the other day, I started it and let it run for 5 minutes. Took me 4 hours to mow with my 982 & 50C mower, first time mowing with the TANK was 2-1/2 hours. AND uses less gas, 3 to 3-1/2 gallon vs 4+ with the 982. And the TANK does a WAY better job of mowing than the 40 year old 50C deck ever did. I read guys complain about the NEW Cub Cadet equipment, has not been my experience at all. ALL I've done to the machine is 4 oil & filter changes, 1 a year, greased the mower deck 2-3 times a year, replaced the outer primary air filter 2 years ago, the 27 hp KAWASAKI has a 2 stage dry type air filter. I don't have this sense of IMPENDING DOOM every time I start the Kawasaki like I did every single time I started the ONAN in the 982.

Congratulations to your Son... I know that SCAG makes some good stuff.

I feel the same way about the new CC stuff. I have a CC Push Mower, a CC String Trimmer / Brush Cutter, and a CC ULTIMA ZT1 54 that is a 24 horse Kohler and 54” FABBED deck. That is in order of age... the ZT was last year and I used it all year. I have done the 5hr break in oil change. I have no regrets in buying it. It‘s a solid machine, and cuts very well and fast. That fab deck is heavy!!! I went from 1.5+ hours of mowing with a Quietline and 44” deck, to 20 minutes on the ZT. I filled it the day I brought it home, and mowed several times with it.... I was beginning to wonder if someone was sneaking in and putting gas in it... It sips the fuel compared to a K341.... love my 1650’s but they are thirsty when working.

Back