• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cream white color on dash tower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other thing you have to remember, the XT1 level lawn tractor is just that... a lawn tractor.... just like the 76/80/1,2,382's back in the day. You want a new CC that is like our old stuff... you are going to have to step up to one of the XT3's that is $5000+, which if you put the $1000-1500 these Quietlines and 82 Series were into an inflation calculator, they would be $5000 plus also.....

I have seen a MSRP sheet from Cub Cadet from 1987. The 1811 without a deck or any other implement was $4699 back then. This now would equate to $11238. Very few would spend that on a 2wd air cooled gas powered garden tractor today-no matter the quality. I'm glad so many of these fine machines survived, and that one can be picked up rather inexpensively. I have not paid more than $600 each for any of my 4 Cubs. All ran well, but needed age related repairs/maintenance. They all have been uber reliable.

Rust-Oleum is very sensitive to topcoats-even topcoating with the same paint and not waiting long enough for it to fully cure, usually 3 days. I have had to redo some parts shot with Rust-Oleum due to wrinkling. Otherwise I have had good luck with the stuff-especially for the price point. The Cub Cadet paint is far easier to shoot and more forgiving, but at like $18 a can, it is not reasonable or as easy to obtain.

Rust-Oleum is very sensitive to topcoats-even topcoating with the same paint and not waiting long enough for it to fully cure, usually 3 days. I have had to redo some parts shot with Rust-Oleum due to wrinkling. Otherwise I have had good luck with the stuff-especially for the price point. The Cub Cadet paint is far easier to shoot and more forgiving, but at like $18 a can, it is not reasonable or as easy to obtain.
I agree with all you've said here. The can's directions say " apply a second coat or clear coat within 1 hour or after 48 hours. Apply clear in 2-3 light coats a few minutes apart". Although they don't say so I wouldn't use anything other than a Rust-Oleum clear over Rust-Oleum brand color coat.

Recently I discovered Rustoleum 7794 Antique White is mighty close. I touched up a spot and it's very close.
20210722_204843.jpg
20210722_205006.jpg

Back