• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Crazy Auction price

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbell

displayname
Paul Bell
I went to an auction Saturday that had 18 Cub Cadets, and some brought some ridiculous prices. One was a 782D with a front loader. It was to sell however it would realize the most money. They first "sold" the tractor only, for a high bid of $1250, then the loader only for a high bid of $700, which would be a total of $1950 for the two. Then the tractor and loader together was sold for a high bid of $4700. Other prices were also somewhat out of line for what they were. There were 6 other CCC 82 series, and all had been re-engined with non-original engines, and a IH built 982 with a Kohler Command of unknown horse power. A pair of IH wheel weights for $160 and a single weight for $60. As the saying goes, it only takes two people to make an auction.

i was once told......theres an ass for every seat.....holds true time after time

They are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I gave up on auctions. Around here you pay more then if you just go buy it.

I agree with Melody, except it's not just there. I used to love going but nowadays there are no bargains.

Just a thought. With the prices of all garden tractors going up and up, they are a good investment. I'm thinking the return is better then a bank.

...especially if your bank is in Cyprus...
icon_rolleyes.gif

"They first "sold" the tractor only, for a high bid of $1250, then the loader only for a high bid of $700, which would be a total of $1950 for the two. Then the tractor and loader together was sold for a high bid of $4700. " How'd they sell the stuff twice? (I must be thick in the head....)
1a_scratchhead.gif

Farm auctions do that all the time. It actually sells which ever way brings the seller the most money. Also a bigger cut for the auctioneer.

Never having been to a farm auction, I'm not aware of all the ins and outs - apparently you can list things individually and then also as a combination and the "winners" don't win till both listings are completed? (and somebody loses)
As far as a winner re-lisitng - if this happens during a private auction - man I'd be pissed if it was my stuff being auctioned and other people started re-listing my stuff with my auctioneer during my auction.
angry.gif

Aw, come on now. At one time or another we've all gone to an auction and may have paid more than some else thought it was worth.
happy.gif
This is for Frank C. since he thinks that I'm a poet....

The Auction

As I awakened that Saturday morning
I looked around the room and shook the sleep from my head.
I thought about the event that would happen today-
then I rose from the comfort of the bed.

After I finished breakfast, I went outside
and while doing the chores...
I thought about the auction taking place
and wondered just what the day had in store.

I went in the house and got cleaned up-put on my favorite cap,
and with sale bill in hand, I got in the truck.
Like any other other auction, I hoped for a bargain
and in a way prayed for good luck.

When I arrived at the site (early of course)
the number of vehicles didn't surprise me as the old man was well known.
The farm for sale sign in the yard was now sale pending.
I thought about the number of times the land had been shown.

It was half past ten when the auctioneer on a hay wagon spoke. "Folks -
these items selling today have been in the family for many years and to sell
them is realy a sin. However this is an auction and I'm honored to be the
auctioneer... so let the sale begin.

They held up box after box of items and each time there was heard
the auctioneer's cry.
I recognized many items and no this isn't a tear-
darn wind blew a piece of dust in my eyes.

With the hayracks finished-to the household items
that were next the auction moved on.
One by one the things that made a family were sold
and it seemed like even their memories were gone.

When It came time for the machinery to sell
as usual all the men gathered around.
The machines looked and were well kept and the
tractors each made a powerful sound.

That one old tractor would've to me been a prize-
only the thrill of the winning bid wouldn't have been fun.
Because as much as I would've cherished that tractor
I couldn't bid against his grandson.

When the auction was over as I headed back to my truck
I heard a young father say to his family, "Wow... we've quite a carload."
I glanced over at them and smiled... then I got in my truck and
alone headed down the road.

<font size="-1">copyright 2002-2013
Marlin Homrighausen</font>

Back