• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cranky K341

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim - You are correct in your assessment of the forum layout (Introduction section vs Cub technical forum area), but it didn't break the forum and you started three pages of discussion, so "good on ya!" I'm retired Air Force, but I was a paralegal, so I only flew a desk. Charlie (aka Digger), on the other hand, was also a flyer. I can just see the two of you swappin' lies - (hands held out in front of you, palms out & fingers slightly spread, and tilted to the left): "So there I was..."
:roflol:
Seriously though, welcome to the forum!

Jim,As a vet..thank you for your service !! I've only been on here for 6 mos. and I've learned most of these guys are very sincere about helping others and I have learned a lot about "old" cubs. Some of these guys are walking cub encyclopedias..

Welcome, Jim.

I’m John. Born in northern Maryland and, due to parent’s divorce, raised half the time in Maryland and half in Colorado. Now as an adult, I live half the time in Maine and half in Colorado. I have my fathers 1972 (?) 109 with mower and a 104 with weights, chains and snowplow.

Question for the group: During my years, it seems that Cub Cadet had very little market penetration in the west. My imagination? Growing up in Colorado in the sixties, we had JD and Simplicity/Allis Chalmers. In Maryland- JD, CC, and Wheel Horse. Even now when I look through Craig’s List, I see few if any CCs in Colorado but many in New England.

Welcome, Jim.

I’m John. Born in northern Maryland and, due to parent’s divorce, raised half the time in Maryland and half in Colorado. Now as an adult, I live half the time in Maine and half in Colorado. I have my fathers 1972 (?) 109 with mower and a 104 with weights, chains and snowplow.

Question for the group: During my years, it seems that Cub Cadet had very little market penetration in the west. My imagination? Growing up in Colorado in the sixties, we had JD and Simplicity/Allis Chalmers. In Maryland- JD, CC, and Wheel Horse. Even now when I look through Craig’s List, I see few if any CCs in Colorado but many in New England.
John, I too have noticed the regional distribution.Quite a few for sale in the East coast area.I'm "assuming" because of near mfg in Kentucky they ran that market first.I'm anxious to hear what old timers think...

JIm, thanks for the intro and welcome aboard!

Cub Cadet had very little market penetration in the west. My imagination?

IH and Cubs seem to have a strong presence in Oregon. JD too, but there was also a strong market in IH trucking from pickups to semi. Craigslist always seems to have some Cub Cadet in part or whole, in weeds or a back building, for sale.

Back