• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Couple of things

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdubon

displayname
Timothy DuBon
Hello, new here. I have a 1968 125 and 1973 128. Can anybody clear up the frame terminology for me. I would like to put a plow on the 128. Is that a wide frame? The 128 cranks vveerryy slowly. I pulled off all the connections and cleaned. Any thoughts on where I go next? Both tractors have 42" decks, Cub Cadet parts #s get weird. I have gotten 3 wrong belts so far. Does anyone have a part# for the deck belt/spindle belt? The 125 was throwing the PTO belt last year. Over the winter I took the front pully/tensioner bracket apart and welded 1/4 steel "sisters" to the sides of pulley holders and re-drilled. No totally perfect but pretty close to true. This year threw the belt once. Anything else I should check?
Thanks
Tim

Welcome
the 125 is considered a narrow frame, the 128 is considered a wide frame and is the first series to use the wide frame.

Back