• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Could be a cousin............

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbell

displayname
Paul Bell
I have been around Cub Cadets (mostly IH built) for a number of years, and have owned more than I can remember, from a prototype, to a test unit,to a pre production model, to at least one of most of the production models, to CCC built z-turn, to one of the current XT3 CS model tractors. The last two I didn't like, so-o-o-o, this came home with me. Keep in mind that Cub Cadets were/are painted yellow/white or red/white. If you mix yellow and red together, you get orange. Add in some white and you get a lighter shade of white. So, since this is orange, it must be related to CC's (at least in function), and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. <font size="-1">Actually size wise it is more suited to my smaller city lot with it's 42" deck, and is more comfortable for my 3/4 century old bones.</font>
298549.jpg

298550.jpg

298551.jpg

Paul B. Although I do know of some that own the Zero Turn with steering wheel Cub Cadets and love them, I agree with you. That Kubota looks so comfortable. What kind of hydro is in it?

Marlin
The hydro is a ZT2200 Hydra-gear. As for comfort, in my opinion this win's hands down over the similar in size, deck size, and horsepower, CC Z-turn.

Paul,
You bringing any of the Kubota's yellow and white "much older" cousins to Cub-Arama this year?

Kirk
Planning on a 100, a 102/2102, and a 70 that's in it's original work clothes. That's all I got left, but as Bonnie says, that could change tomorrow............been looking at a 108 on local C List. Add says it "will start, but won't stay started"
1a_scratchhead.gif

Charlie,
Mine is a model Z122R with a 42" deck and 21.5 hp, the one they show is a model Z125S with a 54" deck and 25 hp. Both are part of the "Kommander" line. Only mowed with it once so far, but I like it.

OK Paul,

Now that you have had it for a week, I'll bet you're saying: "why didn't I do this years ago!"
bash.gif
err.gif
thumbsup.gif

Marty,
I had a CC "Enforcer" Z-turn w/48" deck I used for about 2 years or so, but didn't really like it (drive wheels made too many divits in the tight spots of my yard). Traded it back to my local dealer (sells Cub Cadets and Kubota's)for a new XT3 GS with 48" deck and had enough of it after 10 hrs use, so traded it back to the dealer and ended up with this one. For my yard the 42" deck is much better than a 48". I like it.

Richard,

You can go back, but you won't like it!
I took the blades off of the 128 I bought about a month ago, sharpened them, put them back on, greased the spindles, and went to mowing. About 1-1/2 hours was all I could stand. I put it up, got on my scag, and finished my mowing. What a difference between the two!
Cub Cadet =
Shift.gif

SCAG =
bubbly.gif
Look Ma, no shiftin', clutchin', or fightin' a steerin' wheel!

Paul,

It's real easy to spin a spot in the yard with a zero turn. Catch the grass with a little moisture on it, and I can slide mine sideways!
err.gif

Marty - I had a discussion about that with Don Tanner a few years ago when he was shopping for a ZT and mentioned mowing on hillsides. With almost all the weight on most of them centered over the two drive wheels and the front bogies just along for the ride, a ZT will slide without much warning anytime you're running laterally on a hillside.

The clamshell, weights and blower usually set in the barn, but it;s nice having that setup in the fall, although at $2100.00 it was a little pricy (I was still working 10 years ago and the wife said to get what I wanted). I wanted something as tough as the 129, and I am satisfied I got it, with the only drawback being that Scag didn't mold a cupholder into the gas tank until the next model year...........

My Tiger Cub, with the clamshell grass collector, extra blower assembly mounted on the mower deck and four counter balance weights on the front weighs over 1300 lbs. Not only does it slide, but on my somewhat soft yard will tear sod on any zero turn. On the other hand, it cut my mowing time down to under an hour, where with the 129, it was taking over three hours - and my elbows would take a day to recover. I've only got an acre with 4 building on it, but it took so long to trim around everything with the 129, I'd never give up the Scag now...
bash.gif

Great looking ride Paul!

Speaking of sidehills, does anybody know of zero-turn that is designed to hold on side hills? From what I've read, the sliding-front-end sydrome is somewhat common on hills. I've thought about "going to the dark side" and trying a ZT, but our yard has pretty steep sidehill on the backside.

For now I'll just keep chuggin along on the 1872.
Shift.gif

Art
I mow side hills that are difficult for a person to walk up with my Toro 48/80 . all I had to do was add 4 gallon of winter washer fluid to the back tires and that weight gave me the traction needed to go across on the steep parts turning up hill and backing down to head back . I can not mow down hills because the mower will just slide from loss of traction. If you can mow the side hills you have side ways a zero turn is the answer. My friend has an 1862 with 60" deck and I can mow his yard in 1.45 min . it takes him 2.45 with his 1862 .His 1862 seems to leave clumps of grass if a little wet , but my zero turn does not and all my clipping seem to disappear because of the higher blade speed.I bet if you try one you will like it .

Marty, you said:
"SCAG = Look Ma, no shiftin', clutchin', or fightin' a steerin' wheel!"

All of these statements are true for my cubs as well. Both the 2072 and 782 are hydros with power steering. So CUB = Look Ma, no shiftin', clutchin', or fightin' a steerin' wheel!

Gerry,

Did you say you got the clam shell for 2100.00? In 05' they told me it would be around 3000!
Instead of spending that kind of money, I just turn the discharge chute towards the woods and let her fly. Kinda like a great big leaf blower.
err.gif

Nic,

You left out that little smiley face that looked like he was burning rubber bubbles. I was referring to the scag in that you don't have to shift any gears, press a clutch/brake, or fight a steering wheel.
thumbsup_old.gif

Those zero turns are awesome! I can mow my entire yard with one hand.

Don-
Thanks for the thoughts. I apprecaiate it.

BTW... Glad to hear things are lookin up with your health!

Back