• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Corn sheller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Fetters

IHCC Supporter
My great aunt had this old IHC corn sheller and sold it to my grandpa when I was a wee little fella, back in the 80's, so he could run popcorn🍿 through it. He has since past, over 10 years ago, and my dad and uncle were going through his barn the week of the 4th and found this beauty betrayed and neglected, under a mountain of dust. They decided i should have it because I'm the only grandkid that's into IH, or farming at all for that matter, so my dad brought it from Indiana up to me in God's country. My question on it is, when was this made? I'm guessing around the turn of the century, but I have no clue.
20210712_164241.jpg
20210712_164229.jpg
20210712_164212.jpg
20210712_164142.jpg
20210712_164129.jpg
20210712_164123.jpg
20210712_164117.jpg
20210712_164059.jpg

According to C.H. Wendle in his book "150 years of International Harvester" it is called the Keystone Pony sheller and was in the line till 1914 when it was replaced by an all steel model.
IH purchased the Keystone Manufactoring Company in 1904. So your sheller would have been made between 1904 and 1914.
That is a beautiful example. Never saw one as nice. Congratulations on the find. Keep it dry and out of the sun.

Nice machine - I have a similar one that I use every year to remove the outer husks from black walnuts and butternuts. It took a little adjusting, but it works like a charm.

Geez, I sure wish I would'a had one of those instead of having to use my thumb to shell popcorn at my Grandma's in Nebraska when I was a kid. It took a month for the blisters to heal - but the home grown popcorn was always the best.

Jay - that's a really great find and the art work really sets it off.

Back