• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Considering an electric XT1 LT42E........whataya know about them...?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Fowler

I am kind considering one of the electric lawn tractors from Cub Cadet and was curious if anyone here has any experience with them...
Not super interested in opinions on electric but rather actual, hands on knowledge...
Thank you...

There’s a thread on here about a problematic one. I can’t remember a name though. Search electric and you may find it.

One problem is when you do have a problem with one they are so few it is hard to find someone who is familiar with working on one..

One problem is when you do have a problem with one they are so few it is hard to find someone who is familiar with working on one..
That is basically what happened with the General Electric Elec-trak tractors from the early 70s. A great idea and the 36 volt tractors were excellent but service became problematic with few trained personnel to work on them and when the six 6-volt batteries gave out after a few years, the cost of replacing them became more than most owners wanted to pay.

Cub has used three different systems in the last couple of years in those tractors. The parts and systems are NOT interchangeable. Very few techs seem to be fluent in the systems yet and most of the dealers I know don't stock the parts yet. I am in Connecticut and the dealer I work for had one referred to us by Cub from Vermont in the early fall for a problem. I think it should be going home next week. Overall not what I am ready to invest in yet,

Thank you very much...
Sadly I don't think they are quite there yet for me...
You would think in today's world they would have better prepared their techs for diagnosing and repairing these before roll out...

It's the current flavor. Give them a few years to iron everything out and then they should be something interesting. Like any new tech, not something people that are budget minded should jump into right away...just my thoughts 👍😎👍

I am kind considering one of the electric lawn tractors from Cub Cadet and was curious if anyone here has any experience with them...
Not super interested in opinions on electric but rather actual, hands on knowledge...
Thank you...
I bought one two,years ago. It has an accelerator fault and will not run. The repair shop said it needs a new control board. Cub cadet does not have any boards in stock and do not know when they are going to get any. I have a 3 year warranty, am contacting my attorney.

I bought one two,years ago. It has an accelerator fault and will not run. The repair shop said it needs a new control board. Cub cadet does not have any boards in stock and do not know when they are going to get any. I have a 3 year warranty, am contacting my attorney.
Wow...very interesting...
That sucks...I'm sorry to hear that...

I want to thank everyone for their input on this subject...
Needless to say I have decided not to buy one of these until they have improved which I am sure they will eventually...
Just as we have gone from bag phones to smart phones I am sure we will get there but it is too soon for me...
Thanx again!

Update: they discontinued the first model and gave me a $4000 refund. I enquired about the new model and they did not have in stock any had no idea when it would be available. I went back to gas powered.

Electronics and the elements/outdoors do not get along. What is the #1 enemy of electronics? Water or moisture. What is outside? Bingo! ;)

Ken's story reiterates the same thing that has come up with most of the stories about problems with electric mowers:

Service and parts have not caught up to the marketing of the electric mowers. Small engine mechanics are not rushing to learn electronics, and parts are dedicated to new mowers.

Heat and vibration are the #2 enemy, due to it being cold in the winter and vibration only occurs when it is running. :roflol:

Back