• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CNC conversion

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfunk

displayname
Paul E. Funk
This is probably something most of you wouldn't be interested in, but I converted a table top mill to CNC to do a lot of my custom work on Cub Cadets. It's too long to put here, but if you're interested I have it under the Special Projects section of cubcadetman.com. It has to be one of the neatest projects I've been involved with and was a lot of fun to do. If you're interested and have questions, just email me and I'd be glad to answer if I can. I'll try to remember to check back here, but no promises.

Paul....Very nice ! More than i could afford but a sweet idea for those who can. I'm happy I have access to a Bridgeport mill and lathe. If I had access to something like that I would really get myself in trouble
lol.gif

Wow Paul, thats really slick. Thanks for taking the time to write that up.
Kraig, is this an idea to drill out your circuit boards??

Paul E. Funk Cool!! We have a local company that sells CNC mills starting @ $10K. I decided not to put down $1K for their 3 day workshop held last week. But may see if I can intern ($0 pay) this winter. Their website really got me interested last year when I discovered it, I had to watch all of their videos...Tormach.com

Paul:
Very nice project..Do you belong to any of the Yahoo groups?? Lots of CNC related info there....(I'm looking at doing the Electronic Leadscrew on my Sears/Atlas 6x18..)

Guys, thanks for all the nice comments. Kendell, I don't belong to any of the Yahoo groups. This was a one shot deal. It was something I wanted to do so I'd have CNC capabilities. Now that I've done it, I'm really only interested in using it. The writeup was a way of remembering what I did in case I had any problems. I became aware of that when one of the controllers quit working. Fortunately the company that I bought them from sent me a free replacement. They said they repair free of charge or replace as long as it's not my fault that it quit.

Glad you enjoyed the article.

Latest posts

Back