• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cleaning up a rotary table

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Snagged this off C/L last weekend and have been cleaning it up and making some TEE nuts for it.

Worked on some more the other day, I think it cleaned up nicely.
Last pic is the slug I machined yesterday for the TEE nuts, have yet to drill, tap and cut 'em off.

Attachments

• DSCN9166.JPG
    DSCN9166.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN9174.JPG
    DSCN9174.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN9175.JPG
    DSCN9175.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN9176.JPG
    DSCN9176.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 92
Snagged this off C/L last weekend and have been cleaning it up and making some TEE nuts for it.

Worked on some more the other day, I think it cleaned up nicely.
Last pic is the slug I machined yesterday for the TEE nuts, have yet to drill, tap and cut 'em off.
Surface rust cleaned off real nice

Yeah but if you tighten the half in pin in a collet and lower the plug down into whatever piece or even a lathe chuck,you can clamp it down and be in center with your spindle. If you need closer you can indicate it in.

We have a ground plate with various drilled and tapped holes clamped to ours,it rarely has to come off, if you're ever interested in doing something like that. That table is a nice score and I like those out riggers!
0309221210_Film1.jpg
0309221210a_Film1.jpg

Nice score Dave. Hope you got the special rust discount price!

Can you take picture of the data plate?

Just started milling and slowly tooling up as going along.

Bob G.

Just curious what you used to clean it up. Thanks in advance. I have some saw tables and drill press tables that need cleaned up.

I used some Evaporust and 1000 steel wool as well as 400 grit wet paper on a flat steel block with rubbing compound
Then sprayed it all down w/WD-40
Soaked strips of folded rags in Evaporust and laid them on it for a couple hours to soften the rust.
Should come in handy for drilling the holes in dual lower 3 point hangers/brackets

Got the TEE nuts done yesterday, 10 of 'em.
Going to make up a few sets of studs for them, different lengths.
I think 3 of each will suffice for now. This one is 3" long.
Found some smooth 3/8" flange nuts on the bay, so ordered 10 of them.

Attachments

• DSCN9199 (2).JPG
    DSCN9199 (2).JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 37
When ScotchBrite 1st came out, we used 68 machine oil and ScotchBrite to clean and shine. Worked on aluminum, steel, and copper. In the Navy it was a neat way to spruce up an engine room. COs for whatever reason loved shiny stuff. Many sins were overlooked when an engine room had shiny stuff for an inspection.

When ScotchBrite 1st came out, we used 68 machine oil and ScotchBrite to clean and shine. Worked on aluminum, steel, and copper. In the Navy it was a neat way to spruce up an engine room. COs for whatever reason loved shiny stuff. Many sins were overlooked when an engine room had shiny stuff for an inspection.
Especially those brass coolers in the engine rooms!

Ha. I was in Auxiliaries where the SSTGs were. The one I took care of I shined all it's copper condensate lines on the lower level. I wasn't too popular after that. The CO liked it so much he commended our LPO. The LPO turned around and made the other guys "shine" the other SSTGs. ;)

Back