• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Chippewa Valley Heritage Days, May 18 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Here is what info I have on this event.

Plow Event

Sunday, May 18, 2008 9am

Colfax, Wisconsin – 75 Miles East of Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN

Garden tractors are invited to be a part of the Chippewa County Rural Heritage Days event. This has been an event for antique farm tractors and they are excited to include our garden tractors as part of their event. Sunday May 18th is a Tillage Day, this is part of a 2 day event, on Saturday they have a Tractor Parade.

The soil is sandy. They will set aside an area for us.

Displays of Garden Tractors are welcome too.

Food will be sold on site.

Location is 5 miles north of Hwy 29 on Hwy 40 or 2 ½ miles south of Colfax on 40 to 760th Ave. Go East 1 mile on 760th to the Red Cedar Pullers Tractor Pull Track. Here is a link to their site: http://www.redcedarpullersllc.com/

Lonnie, I finally got on the 'puter, Thanks for posting this. But the info I got was that this event will be held at a different field than last years. I don't have the directions yet, but will know more later. Its not far, just has better access, from what I was told.

Ron.

Please add the updated location when you find out.

Thanks.

Any more info on this? I'd be interested in attending, as this is the only plow day I know of that I'll actually be home from college for.

Location update on the Chippwea Hearitage Days plow event.

Still May 18th about half way between Colfax and Bloomer, on Hwy A. Just across the road from the Trout Creek Tavern. Address is --
2170 County Road A -- Bloomer Wi.

Here's another update on the Wisconsin Plow Day. It will be held across the road from the Trout creek Inn. The are changing back to the original location for this Chippewa Rural Heritage Days. Last years site did not work very well.

Sunday, May 18, 2008
Trout Creek Inn
2170 County Highway A
Bloomer, WI 54724

Chippewa Rural Heritage Day

Saturday May 17th & Sunday May 18th, 2008

SATURDAY MAY 17, 2008
Events: The tractor ride will start at 10:00 a.m. beginning at Trout Creek Inn, proceeding to the Coifax Fairgrounds and returning to Trout Creek Inn. The cost of the tractor ride is $10.00. Spectator wagons will be available free of charge. A charcoaled chicken dinner, open to the public, will be served at the Colfax Fairgrounds.

Sunday May 18, 2008
Events: Tillage Day, slow race, and barrel race will be held in the field across from Trout Creek Inn, beginning at 9:00 am

Garden Tractors Welcome on Tillage Day!!!

Vendors and exhibiters are welcome.
The cost is $10.00/per site

For more information call:
]BS Trucking—962-4203
Eder Rock—962-9191
Sonny Urban—568-2198

Featured tractor for 2008-Allis Chalmers
A First Rate Competitor in the 3-Plow Class

82218.jpg

Lonnie, Thanks for posting that flyer, I didn't know how to do it, Just barely was able to send it to you.
On another note, I looking to contact that fellow who attended last year's Colfax Plow day with the Walking Plow? I believe he also had the "popcorn" stand. If anyone reading this knows who he is, please let him know to contact me. or you contact me and I will try to contact him. My email is in my profile,
Thanks Ron

We are planning for NO RAIN and NO SNOW for this event. I have contacted the local meteorologists and advised them to plan their forcasts accordingly......

Any one interested can contact me at v1ncet at yahoo dot com

Thank you,
Vince Thomley

THIS IS REALLY COOL!!! I live about a 1/4 mile East of Trout Creek Tavern right off of A!! I can actually drive my tractor(s) to a Plow Day event!! When I lived in Ohio, it was a 2-3 hour minimum drive. I have to admit that with gas at 3.59 and climbing, having a plow day in your backyard is nice. We are planning on going. I may bring both my 1450 and FCub. Plus my neighbor is a IH man and will probably bring his M. The site where this is going to be held looks pretty nice. The field is rolling hill as is most of the land up here. If I remember from riding over the winter (snowmobile trail goes through by Trout Creek) there's a lot of room for plowing, parking, etc. After not being able to make it to a PD event for the past few years, I'm looking forward to this. Can't wait!!!

Rudy O.
Welcome to the forum and glad to see ya back in the land of the living!
thumbsup_old.gif

I might even get up that way for the event.

HE LIVES !!!!

Rudy O is alive and well!

Looking forward to seeing you at the plowiing event.

Rudy, Welcome to God's country, I'm the guy who bought the double wide plow hitch from you a couple years ago, when you were in Ohio. I am glad to see you are coming to the plow day. Should be great time!! See you there.
Ron

Guys,

This is only 10 days away!

Anyone planning to attend this please let me know. They are looking for a head count to help plan for food, etc...

Attending and plowing is FREE.

Thank you,

Vince

My Dad and I will be there assuming I get the 582 back together and the weather looks promising.

I just looked at the 10 day forcast and it is 75 degrees and sunny, low of 47 and a 65% chance of precipation. Whatever that is supposed to mean.
A couple day prior it says 61, sprinkles, and 30% precip. Go figure.
But anyway we are hoping for a nice day. What Vince and I are trying to do is just to give the Rural Heritage guys kind of a head count prior to arriving. They are real nice, and I thought it would be considerate of us to have an idea ahead of time. I know with the gas prices and other committments of May its hard to commit.

Only 6 more days!!!

Vince,
It would seem that the plow I picked up last weekend has found a home on the back of my 127.
83843.jpg

You rember just how rusty the moldboard and share/point where?
83844.jpg

Looks a whole lot nicer now,
83845.jpg

If I dont forget to load it into the back of the truck, you can finish putting the shine on it this comming Sunday.

We are planning on coming. Should be me and 2 or 3 kids. My neighbor may be there as well. That would add 2-3 more. Given the close proximity to our house (1/4 mile), we'll be driving our 1450 and F-Cub there. If our neighbor comes, they will be driving an M or two. Hope the rain holds off!
happy.gif

Back