• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Charging system

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

I’d like to thank everyone that commented on my original charging post I’ve gotten the problem fixed somewhat for now there was a small broken copper wire on the field terminal broke i solder it back together but also found out this older cub cadet 129 requires only 4 lug voltage regulator battery,field,generator and ground can not use a voltage regulator with terminal with lights listed it does not put out the 13.0 voltage it only puts out 9.5 because of being for where the battery and voltage regulator is located it desire a warmer spot like under the hood by the engine not in the back under the seat where it stays cold

I don't want to cause any (more) confusion, but that 'L' terminal is not just for lights. it is the 'Load' terminal. Both your ignition switch, lights and any other accesories connect there when that 4 pole regulator is used in its normal application.

Back