• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CCC Yellow and White 582

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
I've started to assemble my project this week, don't know if it's going to be my plow tractor or something else, but here's what I have so far:
48942.jpg

It's got an internal brake cast iron rear, and a KT-17 that I hope will hold together for awhile. Interestingly enough, the crankshaft and trans input shaft are in the same axis... so I can do away with the rag joint and weird clutch driver. Now I've just got to make a driveshaft and figure out a clutch hanger bracket and I'll be good to go. That and a wiring harness.

Anybody else have a yellow and white 582? I don't think I've ever actually seen any outside of this one, and this is being assembled from parts.

Also, I'll note that the frame is from a 1989 1811, and, judging from the serial number, one of the last 30 made before the cyclops tractors were introduced. Hope I don't regret fully parting that one out....

I also have a yellow and white 582. working to rebuild clutch this off season.

Thank you to all who helped me with wiring, clutch, and other questions, as I finally drove this thing for the first time tonight. The M18 runs great and the clutch works. Hopefully I'll be ready to plow with this thing in a week.

It was too dark and it's really freakin' cold. Tomorrow after I return from a massive auction I'll try to take a picture or two.
happy.gif

All right, Charlie, here it is:

54755.jpg

Specs are:

-Internal brake cast iron gear drive rearend
-1x8 style driveshaft (no flex couplers)
-Kohler Magnum 18 engine

Put in the Kohler air and fuel filters, NGK plugs, and changed the oil and filter yesterday, and played with the carb today and drove it around. Just gotta get the 3-point finished, and the spring assist installed and AG's on, and I'll be ready for PD 13. Hope it doesn't get rained out.

If anyone needs the NGK plug number for the M18/20 and KT-17, I'll go find the box and post the number, it took me about 10 minutes in the store with their giant book to find it.

Back