• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC-71 Clutch noise

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imnaykid

Thanks to all for the information and help you have given me.

The new issue. When I start the CC-71 it now runs fine. Sit and warms up nicely. But push in the clutch and it makes a very loud gear grinding sound. Makes the sound without moving, just pushing the clutch down.

What should I do next?
Thanks.

Sounds like the throw out bearing has gone south on you.
Either that or a spirol pin has or is about to fail.
There are 5 of them in the drive train

With the clutch released, transmission in neutral and the tractor shut off you should be able to reach up in behind the throw out lever and spin the bearing to see if it turns freely and silently.

Dis-assembly of the drive train and close inspection of the components will possibly be the best route to take.

Last edited:
I remember the last throwout bearing I bought about 10 years ago there was a discussion on here about the ones the CC dealers were selling... some were made in China "that had a short life" .. And they also sold the ones made in USA that was the long lasting ones.. I dont know if that is still true or not...

I bought the CC-71 for the motor. I need it for my 4 digit CC-O. I was hoping to use the CC-71 for the season and do the swap after that. It has been a money pit and I have enough of them. I will use the push mower for the last mowing. Then work on the motor swap and I will be here for lots of advice.

Replacing burst hoses on my Case 1845C now.

Thank you all.

Back