• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 2130 SERIES 2000

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Fortino

I just bought this unit as is. The transmission gear shifter is stuck in neutral. I do not want to force it. What should I be looking at. Or will the trans have to be dropped, to check.

Tony, just opinions no knowledge inside of a 6 speed. Can you talk to previous owner for a clue? You could jack up rear and roll a wheel while trying to move gearshift without force.(This a shaft drive so tying the clutch open would be wise unless it's an elec. clutch)) This could put it in a gear you don't want or prove nothing at all. If the internal part is bent , broken or jammed with something force would a bad thing and may cause more damage. Next option get next to a good diagram so you know what you're taking apart...

Seems that it works in a very unconventional way. The mechanism is called an "auto gear system". You put the tractor into a gear and then press either the forward or reverse pedal, like on a hydro, but you MUST fully press the pedal down when you use it, otherwise the clutch will fail.

If the gear selector will not go into gear then most likely something is up with the transmission itself. I don't think the clutch system would cause that sort of thing, but then again this is just from a quick bit of research. Have never worked on any tractor with a transmission style like this.

Depending on where your at, If its been cold and the cc is out side, it could be froze literally. There may be condensation in side that now ice. You car get on of the oil pan magnetic heaters and stick it on the bottom. Feel the side, to see how far the oil has heated. Takes a while, then drain, flush and fill

According to seller, it was a friend of his. Who had it. It was warm weather (fall). When it supposedly. Locked in neutral. Won't shift. Will pull in shop and heat it up. Any suggestions help. Thank You.

Thinking about it more, It could just need a slight bit of spinning to get it to shift, with my old Cub sometimes to get it into gear you just gotta engage the clutch a slight bit. Allowing for just a small amount of rotation, which then lets it into gear. Have you tried starting it and then trying to get it to move under it's own power? It might be possible that if you get the input shaft to start spinning, the gear shifter might just pop loose.

If that doesn't work it may possibly be stuck in 2 gears at once, or between 2 gears. In which case, you'd most likely need to dismantle the whole thing to fix.

AriAssembly.png

Tony, I also did some looking and found a lot of comments about trans problems on the 2130..most were about clutch issues.A utube video called "training vid for removing trans" was informative...good luck

Latest posts

Back