• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

cc 2072 motor oil leak

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknapp

displayname
Ernest Lee knapp
can anyone possibly tell me whats wrong with my motor? and where it may be leaking from? it started to smoke and when i shut it down these pictures are what i ended up with

Attachments

• 20191221_190801.jpg
    20191221_190801.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 552
  • 20191221_190741.jpg
    20191221_190741.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 570
  • 20191221_190828.jpg
    20191221_190828.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 646
  • 20191221_190842.jpg
    20191221_190842.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 576
I agree with jbland...WAY too much oil for a blown head gasket. I'd pull some more tinwork off of the engine and make sure it didn't throw a rod through the side of the block.

It may be the crankshaft seal behind the pto clutch. A common problem with Kohler twin Magnum and KT engines.
An easy repair if that's the problem.

It may be the crankshaft seal behind the pto clutch. A common problem with Kohler twin Magnum and KT engines.
An easy repair if that's the problem.

Would have to be the flywheel end seal if that's the problem. In his pics, the end cover is dry, and the bottom of one of the jugs has had oil blown through it.

I've seen Valve covers leak and have also had oil pressure sending units split at the diaphragm and spray oil everywhere. Still running on 2 cylinders isn't it????? That area is a common spot for a KT to throw a rod and crack or window the block also...... Crank seal is most likely culprit as said above......remove more tin and remember the air flow will blow hot oil EVERYWHERE

thanks everyone i have a guy fixing it told me the crank seal is bad so im waiting on him to get the seal and fix it

now the guy telling me that the valves in the pump are leaking so he has ordered rebuilt ones for it, pulling the motor and replacing seals and putting motor back in im at 250 which i dont think is bad and he says 90 a piece for rebuilt valves, so far so good to me on price

Tell him you want the old ones. They can be rebuilt here. If you don't want to mess with them you could sell them.

Tell him you want the old ones. They can be rebuilt here. If you don't want to mess with them you could sell them.
good to know thank you, it would prob be a good idea to have a rebuilt set lying around just in case

Is this engine oil or Hytran leaking? Apologies if I missed a post clarifying that. If Engine oil, crankcase may be pressurized. Take off oil fill cap. Start engine. Do you feel pressure coming out oil fill cap? Does it make an exhaust pulse sound? Pressurized crankcases blow seals and gaskets on those motors. Especially crankshaft seals.

Back