• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

cc 2072 motor oil leak

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

jbland

displayname
Jonn A Bland
get some brake clean spray it all off, then look for the leak while running that's a lot of oil for a bad head gasket

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
I agree with jbland...WAY too much oil for a blown head gasket. I'd pull some more tinwork off of the engine and make sure it didn't throw a rod through the side of the block.

bjames

displayname
Bill James
It may be the crankshaft seal behind the pto clutch. A common problem with Kohler twin Magnum and KT engines.
An easy repair if that's the problem.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
It may be the crankshaft seal behind the pto clutch. A common problem with Kohler twin Magnum and KT engines.
An easy repair if that's the problem.
Would have to be the flywheel end seal if that's the problem. In his pics, the end cover is dry, and the bottom of one of the jugs has had oil blown through it.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I've seen Valve covers leak and have also had oil pressure sending units split at the diaphragm and spray oil everywhere. Still running on 2 cylinders isn't it????? That area is a common spot for a KT to throw a rod and crack or window the block also...... Crank seal is most likely culprit as said above......remove more tin and remember the air flow will blow hot oil EVERYWHERE

eknapp

displayname
Ernest Lee knapp
thanks everyone i have a guy fixing it told me the crank seal is bad so im waiting on him to get the seal and fix it

eknapp

displayname
Ernest Lee knapp
now the guy telling me that the valves in the pump are leaking so he has ordered rebuilt ones for it, pulling the motor and replacing seals and putting motor back in im at 250 which i dont think is bad and he says 90 a piece for rebuilt valves, so far so good to me on price

Oak

Tell him you want the old ones. They can be rebuilt here. If you don't want to mess with them you could sell them.

eknapp

displayname
Ernest Lee knapp
Tell him you want the old ones. They can be rebuilt here. If you don't want to mess with them you could sell them.
good to know thank you, it would prob be a good idea to have a rebuilt set lying around just in case

jwilkinson

displayname
James Wilkinson
Is this engine oil or Hytran leaking? Apologies if I missed a post clarifying that. If Engine oil, crankcase may be pressurized. Take off oil fill cap. Start engine. Do you feel pressure coming out oil fill cap? Does it make an exhaust pulse sound? Pressurized crankcases blow seals and gaskets on those motors. Especially crankshaft seals.