• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 1782 Diesel Upgrade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbaumann

displayname
Martin Baumann
Hi Cub Cadet owner,

i have done my starter upgrade at the CC1782 Diesel. It works fine.
Now would like to change the glow plug from the Kubota D640.

The glow plug in the service manual D600 have 1,6Ohm.
I measure the glow plug without the wire from key switch with 8Ohm.
At the wire from key switch (without plug) i measure 12V.
With the wire from key switch at the plug the get 9V.

Can somebody mesaure his faster glow plugs (Ohm and Volt with and without the wire)?

Thanks for your doings.
Martin

Not that it probably makes much difference, your Cub originally was equipped with the slightly larger and more powerful Kubota D640. To effectively upgrade the poorly engineered glow plug electrical system on these tractors, a glow plug relay should be utilized, along with the updated NGK glow plugs that work off straight battery voltage instead of 9V. This will lengthen the life of the key switch, and provide quicker, more effective cold starts.

Not that it probably makes much difference, your Cub originally was equipped with the slightly larger and more powerful Kubota D640. To effectively upgrade the poorly engineered glow plug electrical system on these tractors, a glow plug relay should be utilized, along with the updated NGK glow plugs that work off straight battery voltage instead of 9V. This will lengthen the life of the key switch, and provide quicker, more effective cold starts.
Ok than i know whats to do. In found a german seeler with the NGK glow plugs and relais. And let you know if there s some question more.

Ok than i know whats to do. In found a german seeler with the NGK glow plugs and relais. And let you know if there s some question more.

The modification isn't too difficult, especially if you are comfortable and knowledgeable with electrical systems. I touched on it in my 782D Journey thread.

With the slightly smaller motor, would a small turbo be in order? :rolleyes:
While adding a turbo to these is neat to see and hear, I don't need one in my tractor equipped with the D600. It has plenty of power without the added complexity of the turbo. It does lack the "wow" factor of the turbo when the hood is opened though..

While adding a turbo to these is neat to see and hear, I don't need one in my tractor equipped with the D600. It has plenty of power without the added complexity of the turbo. It does lack the "wow" factor of the turbo when the hood is opened though..
No, I won t install a turbo. The engine has a lot of power. But with my flail mower and high grass, the engine is busy. Sometimes i have to drive slower.

No, I won t install a turbo. The engine has a lot of power. But with my flail mower and high grass, the engine is busy. Sometimes i have to drive slower.
There is a small video with flail mower.

I would be interested in how much more power (HP) has a engine with turbo?

WOT!! full throttle, check the 3600 max rpm if it is achieved.
Its not the full throttle. The engine runs the 3600 rpm. But i have to mower more than 1h and wound t overload the engine for this long time.
Next year I want to mower more times so that the grass doesn't get that high. After the glow plug upgrade i need a super hitch. But in germany i wount find one.

Back