• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 1430 Fuel Tank removal to repair Control Panel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r_brown

displayname
Roger Brown
It seems that I have found a catch 22. To repair the dash and replace the control panel of a model 1430 you have to remove the gas tank. However the gas tank doesn't fit between the dash and the motor.
What's the secret to remove and replace the gas tank with the control panel and motor in place. It seems to hang on the hydro control positioned in the neutral position.

Never mind, I disconnected the link from the hydro control lever so it could be moved to the forward position, lowering the extension that is in the way of the gas tank. Then reconnect the link after the tank was successfully installed.
Duct tapping the inside gas tank support helps keep it in the proper spot for installation with the tank.

Back