• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cc 1100 rear swap ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylerfarver

Has anyone ever swapped an IH rear with creeper gear into an 1100? Already swapped the old tired Briggs to a 12 hp kohler magnum. Moving some dirt today with my homemade blade my peerless rear gave me some trouble ( as expected). All the bolt holes appear to be there. Also wondering what to make the new driveshaft from, regular round stock? Just wondering if anyone has ever performed this task before? Thanks for the help !

I doubt round stock would hold up for long. Would be a whole lot of work to put the driveshaft in and have to replace it again in a few months!

That's the only kind of round stock I know of. If it is not solid, it is usually called "pipe".
Unless I am mistaken (which I doubt), the drive shaft is hardened.

I would just order a driveshaft. It will be hardened and already have the correct drilled holes for the spring pins.

I would like to do that but I am not sure if one would be available since the 1100 model never came with a cc rear, just a driveshaft to the 90 degree gearbox

My guess would be, they way IH was, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't use the same driveshaft. Why make a driveshaft for 1 specific model. Put the gear box where the input to the 3 speed would be and run the belt from there. I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled the angle box and peerless out and put the 3 speed in it would match up.....

Has anyone ever swapped an IH rear with creeper gear into an 1100? Already swapped the old tired Briggs to a 12 hp kohler magnum. Moving some dirt today with my homemade blade my peerless rear gave me some trouble ( as expected). All the bolt holes appear to be there. Also wondering what to make the new driveshaft from, regular round stock? Just wondering if anyone has ever performed this task before? Thanks for the help !

Why would you expect the Peerless rear to give you issues?

The part number for an 1100 driveshaft is different from an 800/1000/1200, which makes sense because the driveline is completely different.

There is nothing special about the driveshaft. It is not hardened. Ordinary cold-rolled steel will be fine for a stock engine. 5/8" in diameter.

Back