• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 102 Transmission

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aderby

displayname
Andrew Derby
Hello all,
I recently acquired a nice little 102 that's a great runner, but, the tranny likes to pop out of gear in reverse. I assume that there's no adjustment for this and that the problem in internal. I also have a transmission from a 124 and was wondering if there'd be any problem with replacing the 102 tranny with that, with the idea of tearing into the 102 tranny at a later date. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanksđź‘Ť

The shift fork is probably bent a little bit, or the gears are really worn. 124 trans will work.

You could try just swapping the shifter forks before swapping the whole transmission.

IIRC I think you have to take the reduction housing off to get the shift forks out, or at least disassemble the trans a lot further than the 6 bolts that hold it in the frame. It's going to be faster just to swap the whole thing. Just getting the transaxle out to work on it is halfway there...

ANDREW - Been 10 yrs since I was last inside the Trans in my 70 or 72, but pull the gear shift lever and the plate the lever is attached to, 8 small capscrews, it lifts right out, the shift forks are formed sheet steel then heat-treated to harden. They bolt onto the shifting rods that slide forward & backward to select different gears. The bolts loosen over the years, forks move and don't give complete gear engagement, so snug the bolts on the forks down. It's a quick and easy task that may fix your problem. Be careful to not damage the gasket on the gearshift plate and no new gasket needed, don't even have to drain any Trans oil.

Latest posts

Back