• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 100 in metro KC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-CӞ

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Chris “CӞ” Claussen
0D53FF9B-B956-486D-84B8-F8C6D5059582.jpeg

I’m the 2nd owner of this model 100 iH Cub. I’ve acquired an OEM headlights panel and 3-point hitch (w/helper spring) for it, and aim to add additional weights to the rear wheels for snow-pushing traction. Maybe eventually an exhaust stack with a roar-suppressing muffler like some hunters put on their ATVs.

The purchase was inspired by my grandad’s (very similar) iH Cub, on which I first learned to operate a manual transmission. He used it to plow and disc his humongous vegetable garden and prep his melon patch & stand of sweet corn. He also had a Ford Jubilee NAA, which certainly contributed to my tractor affection.

Has anyone here ever added the lift-lever helper spring to their front blade?
I’d be curious what improvement you observed with ease of operation. Otherwise, I’d sure like to add the hydraulic lift, although it is hard for me to justify the expense. Helper spring is probably more attainable for me.

-Chris in KC

Attachments

• 593466FD-1376-4D25-AB2C-303CA764624A.jpeg
    593466FD-1376-4D25-AB2C-303CA764624A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Attached correctly, the spring assist will help with lifting anything attached on the front or rear that is raised with the lift lever.

Attached correctly, the spring assist will help with lifting anything attached on the front or rear that is raised with the lift lever.

Even better, there are two kinds of spring assists (IH and Brinly), and you may be able to add both kinds if you really don't want to work you lift arm.

thanks, JK. Having completely exhausted my right arm & shoulder on a few occasions, adding BOTH helper springs sounds awesome.
I’ve already got the (OEM iH CC) one, I believe.
Perhaps the Brinly is the somewhat more sophisticated one I’ve seen, with a longer rigid piece that is more internal/parallel to the lift arm than the iH CC spring that appears to anchor at the rear with an L-bracket and connect a short reach forward on the lift arm.
thanks for the tip!
-C3

The Brinly is the shorter one. ;)
Go up to the right corner of this page and click on the search tab. Then type in Box Blade and click on "search titles only." Then select search. Scroll down that page and you will see the two types of spring assists. :bluethumbsup:

8ECD141B-F602-40AC-9549-A756029A1306.jpeg

Thanks! the one i possess is evidently the Brinly, but not sure I have the two-piece forward-facing clamp parts for it.😣
Have seen the iH spring, will try to obtain one of those too.

I had the same question with my box blade on my 122. I installed the IH spring assist and adjusted it - it helped but I was a little disappointed - thought it would be better. It does help considerably on the front blade. My box blade is just heavy...Still waiting on Jim to send me his Brinley to see how much difference it made:):errrr:

You can drive on over and borrow it anytime you want BK.

I had the same question with my box blade on my 122. I installed the IH spring assist and adjusted it - it helped but I was a little disappointed - thought it would be better. It does help considerably on the front blade. My box blade is just heavy...Still waiting on Jim to send me his Brinley to see how much difference it made:):errrr:
thank you!

In my experience the snow in front of the plow weights down the plow and forces it into the ground / asphalt etc. and if the setup is correctly installed and adjusted the lift handle will be latched into the quadrant so no spring pressure will be acting on the blade. But if you allow your blade to "float" that wouldn't apply.

We agree that latched into the indexed “teeth” of the height adjustment, the lift mechanism ought to minimize (or eliminate) any float brought on by the presence of helper spring(s).

A snow plow needs the weight of the plow to cut properly.
Too much spring and it will add more float to the point it might float over even lightly packed snow.
Good point - I have seldom run across a nod to *convenience* that didn't drag its own loss of one form or another along with it.

You've got those girls headed in the right direction; falling in love with a cub cadet! :bluethumbsup:
Nice tractor you have there too.
Do you have the guards for the deck spindles?
Looks all original except for the O/70 muffler. You ought to take that off and replace it with a 100 muffler. KEEP it though. Those are hard to find!
That way, when you get a O/ 70, you will have a muffler for it! :errrr:

Back