• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CAUTION ->High resolution versions of Prototype CC photos.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
These are the photos that Paul Bell recently posted. He mailed them to me so that I could scan them in and get higher resolution versions. I wanted to post them in a fairly high resolution so I decided to post them in a separate thread. I have higher resolution versions but they are WAY to large to post.

Paul, my gratitude goes out to you for sharing these with the rest of us Cub Cadet nuts.

152069.jpg

152070.jpg

152071.jpg

152072.jpg

152073.jpg

152074.jpg

152075.jpg

152076.jpg

Thanks for the post, Kraig and Paul
On the front : "660 PUP".... considering the year,
I suspect it refers to the largest farm tractor built at the time, the wheatland style IH 660.
very very cool

I wonder what happened to those colorful parts? Do you think they just sprayed IH White over them and put them in inventory?
1a_scratchhead.gif
icon_eek.gif

Honest now guys, how many of you just thought about scratching a little bit of paint off of the rims, grill screen, hood and pan seat on your Original?
happy.gif

Kraig/Paul-
Thanks for the effort to get these scanned and posted for us.

On another note, I'm kinda diggin that Vista Green. Neat "old school" look to it, like a 50's Chevy or Ford.

ART - But where You going to find Wide White's in a turf tire for a CC? Also need Baby Moon's and Tailfins on the fenders....Ohhhh and one of those spotlights thru the door pillar like old squadcars used to have.

That Vista Green has a different color number (83xxx verses 27xxx like the others except the red) and I wonder if it is a truck color. Seems like I have seen a light green color on some of the IH pickups of the 50's early 60's, but it may not be the same.

152100.jpg

Hmmmm, look at all those different colored Scouts...

152101.jpg

Okay, if those parts are what was normally painted white, what would the frame, trans and engine have been painted? White?

My wife wants me to do a Pink and White CCO for breast cancer awareness, Coral Pink wouldn't have been too far off.
Now I can do it and say it's a representation of what could have been... Of course I'd want a Vista Green one to go with it.
I gotta come up with some Originals to play with. Anyone want to trade a 100 for an O that needs paint?

I printed a copy of the photo on our Xante` Ilumina 502 Digital Color Press here at work and it looks great!
The wife wants one in Tropical Lavender, the marketing would have deffinately worked on her.

Art,
I'm not implying anything, but since IH was known to go to the parts bins and use a part on several different vehicles or pieces of equipment, I would think they they might also use a paint color that was already in the system.

For high resolution versions of the FARM EQUIPMENT DIVISION TRACTOR COMMITTEE REPORT NO. 49, For Divisional Product Committee Information, dated September 29, 1960. That Paul Bell provided:

CLICK HERE

Yes, INDEED!, Yes, Thank you very much Paul Bell for sharing and Kraig for posting the Hi-Res.

Myron B

On the subject of IH paint colors. I have been hacked and lost my old email account otherwise I had a pretty neat bunch of information on all the IH truck and Scout colors throughout the years. I used to do online searches and found a lot of those NLA colors.

Since I am moving.... my oldest son is getting the two rear tires/rims that are from the Sauer Sunstrand Hydrostatic Prototype Original Hydro Cub Cadet. They are the original pair that was on the tractor from the factory. A few years back I helped the company find some NOS rims (correct color white) and reproduction rims for the tractor. So if one now sees the tractor and looks closely they will notice the color difference from the hood and from rims. Plus if you notice a silver color bolt holding the rear tire on among the black painted bolts. I provided that one. I had the company run the tap from the backside of the hub to clean the threads up.

Marlin-

It's so good to see you posting. I for one have missed your (usually 4:00am) posts and please don't be a stranger.

Kraig-

I must have missed reading your post just before Marlins. Would that be called a "patio" original? I'm sure I missed something somewhere.

Wayne S. Thank You.
happy.gif
Have to ask.... Do you or anyone else have any suggestions as what to do with those rear tires/rims from the prototype Original. My son and I would appreciate suggestions. I can document their history.

322928.jpg

322929.jpg

Back