• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cat 0 plow set up for a 1882 super

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdehli

displayname
Rob Dehli
having some major issues getting my buddys plow moldboard plow set correctly...it { the plow seems to dog track to the left as you are plowin and can"t also seem to get the depth correct... tried the 6" block method ... the cat zero hitch is a creation of Aaron from extreme motor works . looks like a strong hitch and well made

here are some current pics of the set up... please post thoughts or pics of your current set up... thanks in advance

231938.jpg

231939.jpg

Well, I don't see any anti-sway chains, and if a sleeve hitch plow is being used, I don't think much of any tilt would be necessary from the lift links; the tilted yoke on the sleeve hitch should be correctly setting the angle.

Here is how I set my Plow on the 782D. Same parts and no chains for side sway. Set the lift links to the same height as you would a regular Brinly hitch when the hitch is lowered.Do this BEFORE you hook the plow up. Make sure the A frame is straight up and down.

DO NOT try and use the top link as an adjustment with this type of plow set up. The only time that you will use the top link for adjustment is to make sure the A frame is 90* to your lift arms.

BOTH of the lower lift arms should be the same height from the upper lift arms. If not then measure and correct this using the adjustable lift links. On a level surface you want that A frame to be level going across the length of the A frame where the plow will fasten. You're not trying to setup a full size plow or a regular CAT O plow. Your plow angle is preset by the manufacturer.

When setting your plow it should be set the same fashion as you would with a regular Brinly hitch and that is using the adjustment on the plow for depth. Set the bolts on the A frame the same way that you would a regular Brinly. My pieces came from Aaron also and the ONLY difference is that I have his early lift links. These are the ones that look like little IH lift links. Doing that you should have no trouble whatsoever getting a six to seven inch plow depth easily unless the soil is hard.

It may take awhile only the next time that I have the 782D out then I'll take some pictures.

Back