• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Case Tractors on the Fourth!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstertz

displayname
joshua donald stertz
My family has owned Case tractors since they came out with the cross motor tractors in the teens. My uncles have amassed a pretty good collection of the forties and fifties Tractors. They have begun to restore them now. This year we had one each of the letter series done to take in our local parade. I thought you guys might enjoy them even if they aren't red. One day they would be joined at the hip with our beloved IH brand!!

228705.jpg

228706.jpg

228707.jpg

Can anyone guess each model or even letter series?

Good Call Paul-We try to take part in that little big parade every year. There was a huge tractor contingent this year. I think there was around 20 IH letter tractors and about ten JD's. It was a great turnout for the antique machines! It was a little warm this year though! Glad I had my cooler and Gatorade.

Consequently, You got every one of the tractors correct too! It is neat to be able to take part in that tradition. American day, American farmers, American machines, American heartland, AMERICAN PRIDE!

Josh, very nice! Always good to see old tractors restored, regardless of the brand.
thumbsup.gif

Can't believe that it has been two years since these pictures were taken. Time does fly! My uncle has spent the last six months restoring another old Case SC. We will be driving that in the parade tomorrow. Hopefully the weather holds out and we have another good year of showing off some American Pride. The last several years there has been a large contingent of IH, JD, and our Case tractors at the parade. It is so neat to see, hear, and feel those old work horses in action. If you happen to be there I'll be the guy in the old school engineer bibs on one of the Case tractors. One of these days, I'm gonna take one of my old Cubs and put it in the parade! Happy Independence Day to all and God Bless America!!!

Joshua,

Looks to me like LA, DC, VAC, & SC....But I could be wrong.........Gary

Sorry........I should look before I leap! I see it was already answered....I worked with a lot of those old Cases in years past and learned to respect them very much.....If anything they were "overbuilt" compared to what everyone else was doing at the time......Fine thread bolts everywhere, etc........Very smooth running machines with a lot of low-end torque and fun to run and operate.........real tricky getting off a JD with RH clutch onto a DC with a LH clutch......You really had to pay attention!......Had to be aware of where that steering rod was too, when making hard RH turns on the DC's and SC's.....Been many a fence row taken out with them!.......I never quite did that but came mighty close more than once!

Gary--thanks for the story and info. I agree with you on the hand clutches! The LA engages pushing forward while the D that my uncle also owns engages pulling back. When I drive both those on the same day, I really need to remember which I'm driving. I'll posts pics soon of this years line up. We had seven tractors in this year. It was a fine day and lots of fun!

It took me awhile but here are some pics of the tractors that we put in our parade this year...

260901.jpg

The line up!

260902.jpg

The Letter series tractors

260903.jpg

My Uncle Bob finished the resto on this late model SC just two days before the parade. Here Dave Borlee, a fellow Case enthusiast, drives it to the parade.

260904.jpg

Here my daughter is riding on the 930 with her cousin Clint. Of the day and the parade she says,"It was fun to ride on the big tractor and wave at all my friends!"

Latest posts

Back