• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Carter #26 style carb on Ford 302 V8

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1811Cub

displayname
1811Cub
I would have not believed it unless I saw it. It seemed to perform well. Sure gives me confidence with them to support the fuel delivery chores on a K241 or KT17!

Sure, it'll run under no load. I bet an idling small block V8 doesn't use much more fuel than a KT17/M18 at full load. I doubt it "performs well" at all though...notice he didn't move it under power, never ran it more than a second or so above idle at a time, and the part where he briefly showed the air/fuel ratio telemetry, it was quite lean.

Part 2:

Does better than anticipated, but he is using an electronic feedback controller to keep the mixture close to stoichiometric.

I have a few problems with this series:

1) Growing up, I always hated Mavericks...now I kinda want one. Not just because of this.
2) He has his engine chained down, but you can't keep a good Ford down. Broken motor mount?
302 in bondage.png

3) He is mulling over telling the whole world about this.
302 w Carter 26.png

Doesn't he know those Carters are hard enough to find??? We don't need competition from the SBF guys now too!
4) The refuel gas station name.

Thanks for sharing...again 1811.

Back