• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Carb float spring???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
I was searching through a box of carbs today looking for a #30 after finding a #26 on one of the 149s. I found one and upon opening it up I found this spring supporting the float.

303491.jpg

Have I just overlooked something common or is this standard in any shape or form? I've opened a bunch of carbs and never have I seen this.

Looks like the spring out of a fuel gas balancing regulator (like on your furnace, reducing 1/4 psi to 1/8 psi).

I'm sure it helped keep gas out of the crank case, but seems it may have also potentially starved system for fuel......maybe an option for the engines with mechanical fuel pumps??????

Back