• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Carb: Carter #30 on a K301?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?... I would have thought the 30 would run way too rich... Any idea if theres any performance difference?
I *did* notice the #26'S HAVE A 1.07" bore, & the #30 has a 1.2"... and my K301 block has a 1.35" intake bore vOv

Really?... I would have thought the 30 would run way too rich... Any idea if theres any performance difference?
I *did* notice the #26'S HAVE A 1.07" bore, & the #30 has a 1.2"... and my K301 block has a 1.35" intake bore vOv
I've run a #30 on my 100 for 20 years, LOL
Adjust the carb accordingly.
http://cubfaq.com/carbsetting.html

Old Hotrodders trick. BOLT A BIGGER CARB ON HER

Welllll.... So it seems the one time i didnt do my research, and I forgot there is a ball & spring at the end of the choke shaft, which proceded to fly.. *somewhere*, across the garage when I pulled the shaft out of the newer #30, so I could replace it with the one from the #26. I did find the spring, but not that ball.
So, *then*, I broke the first brass shaft screw on the #26, trying to remove the choke plate.

Batted a 1000 last nite.

Anyone know where/if I can get the ball & replacement screws?
I checked CC Specialties, but dont see them listed on the site.

You need to file the exposed threaded end of those tiny #4 brass screws off before attempting to remove them as they are "staked" in place so as not to vibrate out.

May as well look for another carb now.

McMaster-Carr will have the brass screws and bearing ball. They might have something that'll work for the spring, too.

Back