• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

can't resist old iron

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
1971 J.Deere 112.It was given to me for getting several older JD tractors running. I thought at the time what the heck it's got a 10 hp Kohler so let's accept the challenge. Getting it running was not bad only fuel related issues from setting many years in the barn.Once I heard it run and tried the deck my brain said you've got to refurb this one. Hood and pan sanded,all other parts sandblasted (except frame)....The deck sounds and mows awesome,not sure this was original deck,it seems too good....New pto belt and seat cover coming .It looks almost new from 20 ft away... Previous owner is a JD nut so in the next few days I'll load it up and show it to him.I'm positive he will be thrilled,might even want it back... It has independent hyd pump for deck and could be easily tapped for any lift....I used rustoleum farm and equipment rattle cans...3 coats with 400 grit sanding inbetween....The fiber hood has some deeper fractures that are age and sunshine related.I opted not to redo the entire hood as 3 coats filled 98% of the mini fractures.....Next on my list is a 128 that's going to end up red and white....

Attachments

• 100_1418.JPG
    100_1418.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_1419.JPG
    100_1419.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_1424.JPG
    100_1424.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_1423.JPG
    100_1423.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 199
Nice job! What material is it that you installed for the foot rest grips?

Back