• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Can someone explain the logic try to use the Manual link listed here. Want to see stuff on the 169

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Personally, I go out of my way to avoid following style trends - just ask my bride how old my favorite plaid, outdated, shirts are!). Of course, that's just my two cents worth, and I was wrong that one other time... :roflol::roflol::roflol:
Hell, I knew I should have kept my Levi Silvertabs...my teenage boys say "90's dad" jeans are coming back. And 80's wear...what the fiddlesticks??? 80's wear wasn't cool then and certainly needs left in the past. :p

And I do the same...when I've done did made a mistake, I tell our customer "well, there goes my allotted screw-up for the year". 🤣

Oh Boy, my headache finally cleared up.

Kraig - my only comment to your info on the grills is that the 1x8/9 series never had the lower aluminum grill housing. It was always cast iron. The lower aluminum grill housing first showed up mid-production of the Quiet Line series. It's actually surprising IH did it since it removes enough weight that a gear drive Quiet Line will pop wheelies (been there, done that).

As a final comment, I certainly appreciate all the accolades bestowed on me for my Cub Cadet Series Description. I did write it for the benefit of the many to provide an understanding, especially to the "lingo" often used on this Forum. It was an honor to have Kraig post it with it's own thread. However, it should also be known that I am by no means an overall expert with these machines. Although I've owned and worked many multiples of most models (especially wide frames), I must add I've never owned a 7hp model (yup, never owned an Original), I have owned several model 86's (which is a nice tractor with a 38" deck) but never owned a model 800, and I've never owned anything from the 82 series. So there's my story and I'm sticking to it, and why I don't often comment on the 7hp machines or the 82 series, and why there are so many guys on here much more knowledgeable than me.

Now, lets have some fun talking about these machines. :beer:

Thanks Hydro! I'm not that familiar with the wide frame 1x8/9, the Quiet Line or the 82 series. I couldn't remember if it was during the 1x8/9 series or the Quiet Line series that the grill casting was changed from cast iron to aluminum.

Has anyone seen a book like this. It has 2 inches of pages and seems to cover many variations of tractors i not quite understand it yet but it came with my 169. Alkng with a snow blower manual. And orig owners manual for 169

Has anyone seen a book like this. It has 2 inches of pages and seems to cover many variations of tractors i not quite understand it yet but it came with my 169. Alkng with a snow blower manual. And orig owners manual for 169

Stephen - do you mean the book is 2" thick? If so, it sounds like it might be a parts manual. Does the cover have a part no.?

Here is the cover. I attached it before but file not here?

Attachments

• 20210613_095619.jpg
    20210613_095619.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 112
See 'em all the time, got a shelf full of them and refer to them often.
What's not to understand??
It's the same one I have only yours is in much better condition!!

Last edited:
Eack page has a letter designation in the upper right corner.
Take the thing apart and start there to put them in the right order.
All the "A" pages, "B" pages etc etc. in separate piles and go from there.
The flip side of the pages have the same thing plus a number to put them in sequence.
If they are all mixed up I can see why it would make no sense.

Back