• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Calm before the storm

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenovick1

E800CBD4-C40D-4FB3-92DC-0FB3967BEBBB.jpeg

I wish. No not really. Ford is on the ball. Hell of a truck. It is a camper special. Truck rear suspension is designed for fifth wheel hauling. So the truck won’t sag loaded. It has engine braking. And load haul. very impressive. Sold the 2013 Ford and the stainless hopper. Glad i did . This spreader makes me Big $$$$. It’s very efficient. I have (6) Restaurants 2 malls. I have to service. And i have to shovel all the walks my self. After this next week i don’t know how i’m gonna hang in there. Worst Pgh. winter in 30 years. By the looks of what’s coming.

JPratt. That took a lot of aluminum foil and masking paper. That engine enamel is the bomb . They gave me an acid etch. to spray on cast block and aluminum. Worked out great. I only painted it. Because it was brand new. And i did not want the salt to attack it all and corode. It’s workin.

Nice. Dad and I and my Son all love Ford trucks.... between the 3 of us we have 5 of them... Dad has a 16 4x4 SuperCrew (it's in the towing section) I have an 11 4x4 SuperCrew, an 11 2x4 RC Longed and an 03 6.0 4x4 Excursion... and my oldest son has an 86 RC Dually IDI....

Here are my 3 trucks....

IMG_5147.jpg
C87BA4C6-92F8-4653-B4DD-8490AB3536F0.jpeg

IMG_20150828_184313.JPG

this is my snow crew....

IMG_20151108_143949.jpg

I've heard that Ford has done really good with the 6.7.... not driven one yet.....

Last edited:
Dang that's too bad, be cool if there was a Real CAT engine. Still a very nice truck!

The engine brake has gotta be nice. Not far from me is a small row of houses built right near a big farm, and there's signs up that say "Absolutely NO engine brakes". And I always think to myself, "man, if only you'd thought about it before you decided to move into a house right next to an active dairy farm".

If I ever find myself driving a tractor-trailer with a Jake brake, I'm gonna drive right through that neighborhood with the thing on all the way down until the railroad tracks at the end of the houses.

I like the A bodies too. I still have my high school car, a ‘72 Heavy Chevy. I got it in ‘95 and the previous owner did the body and paint in ‘85 and put the SS stripes a badges on. It is a true Heavy Chevy, Build sheet was on top of the gas tank and it still had the original engine and transmission (350 4bbl, 4 speed, 12 bolt posi 3.31).
4562632C-3E59-4D46-A0BD-6EB144655D13.jpeg

It's not the actual engine brake that's the issue it's all the Billy Big Riggers with the more than likely Illegal exhaust system mods that are the problem.

Many are the night I had to put up with that dam racket trying to get a decent nights sleep in a truck stop when one of those clowns pulled next to me and just had to run the engine at 1/2 throttle, for whatever reason I will never know, on a nice, perfect sleeping weather spring evening.

My rig (2015 Ram 3500) when using the engine brake, which BTW is very seldom, one can barely hear it when in use.

Does really come in handy though in the mountains when going down a long grade.

Rant over....

Attachments

• DSCN2616.JPG
    DSCN2616.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 149
Back