• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

cadet 76

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Ruetsche

good day all picked up a cub model 76 was looking to restore for my granddaughter i guess im wondering how are parts availbility and is it worth tackleing the tractor starts runs good and drive like it should thanks lookin forward to feedback and tips

Kevin,lots of these tractors are over 50 yrs old and still work fine, that should tell you about the quality of the machine...I tell lots of people if I wanted (another) used machine I would buy a well cared for cub and do whatever it costs to bring it back to almost new.You would have a machine that may last another 50 yrs.Nothing on the market today will match that thought.If it were me,I would change all fluids.points/condenser,power wash it ,grease everything with a zerk(including steering column) and let her drive it while you decide rather to repaint or not.Let's say you put a $1000 into refurbishing it ,what can you buy today for that amount that will last 5 yrs? Most parts are readily available thru our sponsors at the top of the page. I presently have 6 old cubs ..fun to collect and refurbish

Kevin,lots of these tractors are over 50 yrs old and still work fine, that should tell you about the quality of the machine...I tell lots of people if I wanted (another) used machine I would buy a well cared for cub and do whatever it costs to bring it back to almost new.You would have a machine that may last another 50 yrs.Nothing on the market today will match that thought.If it were me,I would change all fluids.points/condenser,power wash it ,grease everything with a zerk(including steering column) and let her drive it while you decide rather to repaint or not.Let's say you put a $1000 into refurbishing it ,what can you buy today for that amount that will last 5 yrs? Most parts are readily available thru our sponsors at the top of the page. I presently have 6 old cubs ..fun to collect and refurbish

^^^^^ TRUTH^^^^^

Back