• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cadet 76 clutch/brake issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaudenmier

displayname
Tony Staudenmier
I am having an issue when I push the clutch/brake peddle in the motor jurks real hard I Am sure the belt is sticking in the pulley but can’t find a reason why I have burnt one belt up already due to this issue. Any help would be great.

I also noticed that the brakes are worn down but I am able to stop just fine still. I am almost completely out of adjustment for the brakes. I’m not sure if the brakes have anything to due with the clutching part of the system or not.

Thank you for the link. I am going to try adjusting the brake and see if that helps the issue.

no luck with adjusting the brake i am going to have to reline them to get anything out of them .

Tony, I just realized that the service manual didn't have the main drive belt info. That info is in the Operator's Manual which we do not have online. Here's the info, hopefully it will be helpful:

322521.jpg

322522.jpg

322523.jpg

322524.jpg

Thank you for the belt diagrams I am using a standerd rubber v belt would this be a cause? It was working fine until I smoked the first belt .

Tony S.
Many guys go to napa and parts stores to get cheap belts and they always regret it, LOL
OEM Cub Cadet belts are hard to beat.
beerchug.gif

I wouldn’t call it a cheep belt I have a hard time finding a belt of that size. It’s a good year brand v belt. I haven’t been able to find some we’re it tells me what material the belt should be just the size.

Latest posts

Back