• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Caburetor problem?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticking? What's the remedy? Maybe just clean it out real good huh and start with that.
take the bowl off. make sure gas is off.. use clean rag under bowl to get the fuel thats in it.. so u can see if crap in there. but yep that easy

Float sounds stuck down. Did you run it out of gas last time it ran? Hasn't not run in a long time after running it dry?
OR
Float has a crack and filled with gas.

I ran it out of gas a couple months ago,but has been started at least once a week since about Dec when it started to get cold out. Now last night I started it and no gas flooded out, I won't know I guess till I take it apart and look. Someone here at work said the same thing,that the float may be filled.

I ran it out of gas a couple months ago,but has been started at least once a week since about Dec when it started to get cold out. Now last night I started it and no gas flooded out, I won't know I guess till I take it apart and look. Someone here at work said the same thing,that the float may be filled.
Keep a kit handy just in case. Probably just stuck from not being turned on for awhile. If it's not broke, don't fix it until you have more need.

if float was filling. it wouldnt run at idle. it would only run at full throttle. as its flowing fuel at full bore.
clean the bowl let fuel run a sec or 2 with bowl off. clean bowl.
replace inline filter if one. if not one put one..
the glass bowl "filter" doesnt always work so good..
dont over think it. start simple

Thanks Dave that's great to know. I don't want to start until I have a kit right there with me,I can't have this tractor down for much time...and it warms up abit! What is the best way to ID my carb?

Carter carbs have a part number on them, or remove the air filer and look in the carb, # 26 is stamped inside .
If you have a Walbro it will be cast into the carb. The above mentioned part will not work.

Latest posts

Back