Caburetor problem?

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

I used part of that kit, I know the bowl gasket, splash gasket and intake gasket all fit. I didn"t use the needle or seat an the air filter gasket didn"t fit. Mine does say carter model N on the outside an has the #26 inside the carb.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
Your motor must be black, they put waldos on them, then you will need a Walbro carb kit Should be a WHG then a number on it.

Last edited:
displayname
David Schwandt
Probably got a mickey mouse piece of baling wire and a cheap plastic clip "securing" it to the governor arm then as well, same as my 147 was

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
The carb kit for that walbro carb is like $50, and the seat is not replaceable if I remember right. Carb is trash. I'd get a used Carter/Kohler #26 carb and rebuilt that.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
didja get the carb number, then i can tell you the walbro kit, there like 12.00
Part # K1-WHG

Last edited:

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
The number and model is on the mounting flange, you know the thingy that mounts to the motor.
DSC07347.JPG

Last edited:
Another question. I found another carb in a box given to me when I got the147,no # 26 stamped anywhere but has a # on the side of it #C-275369, does that ring a bell with anyone? Does the C maybe designate it a Carter?
22727.jpeg
22730.jpeg
22729.jpeg
22728.jpeg

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
#26 (might be a #30 if it did come off a K321) will be raised letters inside the venturi.

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
Good find even if you put it on the shelf.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
I would buy the kit K1-WHG and fix it, I have used them before with no issues, sometimes...

Ken Black

just in case.... you find vid on utubbers..
DONT DO THE ACID WASH ............
i cooked a carb to black.. kind of stupid on my part. sat rite there watching it bake and get all hot.. knowing i was messing up... walked away and will... it learned me a lil sumffin sumffin lol DONT DO THE ACID hahhaha

i guess if u mix a quart of water to teaspoon of acid. probley be ok with some dish soap in there.
tho .... carbs yeah over seas are so cheap to get. i have one and it works fine. tho u might get a bad one who knows
i may have posted pix of it on here. i dont remember ...