• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cab's

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know if they same height but both the Sims cabs I have are tall enough. The one one my 782 has the vinyl type doors and windows. The one on for my 982 are metal. I am 6ft 1in 200lbs. My brother has a red soft cab for his 582 and never bumped my head. Hope this helps. Jim

I do not know if they same height but both the Sims cabs I have are tall enough. The one one my 782 has the vinyl type doors and windows. The one on for my 982 are metal. I am 6ft 1in 200lbs. My brother has a red soft cab for his 582 and never bumped my head. Hope this helps. Jim

I agree with jharder, Sims cabs are great for space and the one I had even worked great for adding weight to tractor! I miss my cab. Sold it two years ago with my 1872. I had modified it from the original slant front to a slightly slanted back and a straight front. Made new doors for it (still have old ones to get rid of someday) to match the new shape. I was surprised that with just the circulating fan in there it didn't fog up on me no matter the temps.

If you want to pick them apart, the only thing I would change is the noise. I'd see if there was a engine compartment foam or something like others on the forums had suggested to cut down on noise. They were not horrible by any means, just louder than you would like some days. I guess the only other issue is getting doors open in a tight on space garage - it sucked those days. Oh, and if you have a low garage door, you have to watch that! I had to make sure when I rebuilt mine that I had to shrink it down a couple inches to be safe when snow started to pack outside the door.

You'll love them if you get one. I'd get another one if I had the right tractor to put it on for snow duty. You will WANT to blow snow in on a windy night now!

What a pain to get into the cab with the snowblower attached while wearing boots
17C84FAE-C7F5-4BD6-98ED-229FA2980202.jpeg

Pulling it off is one way to go about it.or My train of thought was a cub for every attachment and what not. (lol) That is why 2 of the 3 bays of my garage can not be used. they are cub storage.

Here are a few pics of my cab....just random, some are from build/transfer from 982 to 1872. Shows position of where cab sat in reference to the fuel tank, and over hang on tires.
I have more....just can't lay my hands on them unfortunately.

Attachments

• iphone transfer 127.jpg
    iphone transfer 127.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 106
  • iphone transfer 140.jpg
    iphone transfer 140.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 101
  • iphone transfer 120.jpg
    iphone transfer 120.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 104
  • iphone transfer 138.jpg
    iphone transfer 138.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 98
Found some of them. Gives you an idea of what a modified Sims cab can look like.

Attachments

• feb camera pictures 018.jpg
    feb camera pictures 018.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 109
  • feb camera pictures 022.jpg
    feb camera pictures 022.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 105
  • feb camera pictures 023.jpg
    feb camera pictures 023.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 107
  • feb camera pictures 028.jpg
    feb camera pictures 028.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 109
Looks great , does front flip up to open the hood ?
Yes, just below the bottom hinge there is a bolt with a washer welded to it that screws in from the front side to fasten the front of the cab to the floor boards. Remove those two screws and the entire front of the cab flips open, then you flip the hood up as normal. I use to use the hood to hold the front of the cab up while fueling and checking oil. it actually was just about the perfect height to have the front of the cab sit level and you could work underneath it. I had to modify the front of the left floorboard to make room for the clutch pedal to go to the floor with a snow boot on, that's what the bare steel is just behind the power steering cylinder.

Probably be worthwhile to modify it and go the "suicide door" route...
View attachment 147668

didnt the old 70s or 80s ford or case backhos do this ? i seem to remember when talkin to or givin the guy drink. he had to hold door handle so it didnt flip all the way back. hahhaa

another words if the big boys did it. then it has to work..
i will do this on my cab build thi ssummer

didnt the old 70s or 80s ford or case backhos do this ? i seem to remember when talkin to or givin the guy drink. he had to hold door handle so it didnt flip all the way back. hahhaa

another words if the big boys did it. then it has to work..
i will do this on my cab build thi ssummer
Yes, our 856 and 1256 both open that way. Also nice in the summer cuz you can lock them open to get airflow. Diggers should be the same...

Back