• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

C-48 Sweepster

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeeilbes

displayname
Jesse Eilbes
Just got this sweepster and getting going.
I have it checked over now.
The gear box is checked and good.
I have the mount straightened out and hope to get it mounted tonight.
I am making this thread, so there is info in case anyone else is looking on info on it.
I looked online and wasn't finding much info with regards to them being mounted on CC.

IMG_0049[1].JPG
IMG_0050[1].JPG
IMG_0051[1].JPG
IMG_0052[1].JPG
IMG_0053[1].JPG

Nice! I have one but it is very beat up and was modified by the PO to use the QA mount and gear box from a QAxx snowthrower. The brush on mine is also worn out. It's been buried in the back of my shed since 2005. Photos are from October 2000.

Sweeper_01.jpg
Sweeper_02.jpg
Sweeper_03.jpg
Sweeper_04.jpg

I have two, one real old one with straw broom and fiberglass hood, the other one I use every year that has a plastic hood if had your email could send more pictures
sweepster.jpg

the other sweepster is I use on one of my 100 every year to sweep my go kart track

I got it mounted last night. I found a belt that works for testing but have a proper belt coming now.
I was able to try it on the cement outside the shop door.
Have to get cable for lifting it, and get the plastic top repaired and put back on.
Mine has a plastic side cover.
Seemed to work good but the cement was kinda clean, and keep it running all the way down.

I don't know if there is pvt messaging on here, but if there is message me.

Thanks for feedback, will keep this updates.

IMG_0058[1].JPG
IMG_0059[1].JPG
IMG_0061[1].JPG
IMG_0060[1].JPG

I have the plastic cover fixed now.
Have a plan to lift it with the tractor, getting supplies today.

IMG_0062[1].JPG
IMG_0063[1].JPG
IMG_0064[1].JPG
IMG_0065[1].JPG
IMG_0066[1].JPG

Update
I have it mounted and working now.
Attached are pictures of how I had to changed the rock shaft to keep it from floating.
I was having trouble getting to pick up the broom, with it able to float. But don't have picture of the piece I made to make it lift off where the mule drive attaches. Will upload a picture when back from brother's house.

Works ok, found can get a new brush for it.

Will update when I have more pictures or info.

Jesse

IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG

You probably already know this, but for those that don't, if you look in the Operator's Manual for the Quiet Line series (1250, 1450 etc) there's mention of an optional "float lockout pin" here's what they look like. I believe the top one is a factory one and the bottom one might be home made.

FLOAT_LOCKOUT_01.jpg

FLOAT_LOCKOUT_02.jpg

Also, here's the manual for the float lockout for the 1x8/9 series, which should be pretty much the same as for a Quiet Line, 1250/1450.

Float_Lockout_Pin01.jpg

Float_Lockout_Pin02.jpg

Float_Lockout_Pin03.jpg

this is how i made mine lift. i have a 108, that i put hydr lift on, pulled the lift handle out to put a longer lift arm for the cable lift to get more up and down on the sweeper head. it works very well.

Attachments

• IMAG3465.jpg
    IMAG3465.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMAG3466.jpg
    IMAG3466.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG3467.jpg
    IMAG3467.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG3468.jpg
    IMAG3468.jpg